My first post!

Hello from New Jersey! I am just getting started in investing in Legos and literally registered on this site yesterday. I've always been a lego nut and actually thought of the idea of investing in them a few weeks ago before even realizing all of these people already do it!

While I'm learning the ropes, I'll start with a question. I have a brand new set 6901 (mobile lab) still in the box and even in the store's plastic wrap. It's never been opened, let alone assembled/played with. It's a space set from 1980. When I look up the value on this site, it says $456. Could that possibly be correct? It seems that I have nothing to compare it to since the eBay, etc. listings are for used sets, so I'm not sure where the 456 comes from. Thank you and nice to (virtually) meet everyone! I look forward to learning lots

Hello from New Jersey! I am just getting started in investing in Legos and literally registered on this site yesterday. I've always been a lego nut and actually thought of the idea of investing in them a few weeks ago before even realizing all of these people already do it!

While I'm learning the ropes, I'll start with a question. I have a brand new set 6901 (mobile lab) still in the box and even in the store's plastic wrap. It's never been opened, let alone assembled/played with. It's a space set from 1980. When I look up the value on this site, it says $456. Could that possibly be correct? It seems that I have nothing to compare it to since the eBay, etc. listings are for used sets, so I'm not sure where the 456 comes from. Thank you and nice to (virtually) meet everyone! I look forward to learning lots

A vintage Space set from the 1980s, specially a popular model like the Mobile Lab, can definitely pitch a high price but the range of buyers will be a lot more limited. You could probably boast having the only sealed set on eBay. Certianly don't be in rush to sell it for only $100. Go the BIN route and see how much interest you get. Show us some pics! I'd love to see it.

• Like 1

A vintage Space set from the 1980s, specially a popular model like the Mobile Lab, can definitely pitch a high price but the range of buyers will be a lot more limited. You could probably boast having the only sealed set on eBay. Certianly don't be in rush to sell it for only $100. Go the BIN route and see how much interest you get. Show us some pics! I'd love to see it.

Agreed - don't sell yourself short.  If you've had the set this long you should wait for the right price.  I'd set it up with a reasonably high BIN and possibly also take best offers.  You're looking for a real collector and might have to list it for a while, but I think patience will result in a high sale price.

Thanks everyone. Here are two pics of the set (front and back). Notice on the front (above the red guy) the small circular hole in the plastic wrap that was commonplace in 1980!

Beautiful set, and if you did have any interest in selling I would be seriously interested in buying it!