Just found this site!

Hello Fellow Brickers! I have been a LEGO builder for the last 20+ years. It wasn't until recently that I starting buying sets to keep unopened. I found this site through a forum on brickset. I have Liked you on FB and spent HOURS last night reading through posts. Quick question: Is there a spot on this website that shows EOL dates as they happen? I know I can go in to each set and find it and I am not looking for speculation of upcoming dates. I would just like a master list that is updated in real time. If I am missing it I apologize. Thanks! John

Hello Fellow Brickers!

I have been a LEGO builder for the last 20+ years. It wasn't until recently that I starting buying sets to keep unopened. I found this site through a forum on brickset. I have Liked you on FB and spent HOURS last night reading through posts.

Quick question: Is there a spot on this website that shows EOL dates as they happen? I know I can go in to each set and find it and I am not looking for speculation of upcoming dates. I would just like a master list that is updated in real time. If I am missing it I apologize.

Thanks!

John

hey john welcome to the site! This is a great place for collectors and investors with very helpful members and two great admins/founders in Jeff and Ed Mac! Did you have an EOL question about particular set? It is almost impossible to pinpoint an exact date a set goes EOL, you will learn that it will drive you absolutely crazy worrying about when sets are gonna EOL, I personally just sit back and wait with not much worry, it will happen when it happens, then the $$$ will roll in!

So the only way to know when a set went EOL is to look it up individually? That's why I think a master list would be a great idea (for me at least!)

when you say look it up what exactly do you mean? I am not sure that this site has that info, unless I am missing something. Are you looking for a list of every LEGO set ever EOLed?

Hello Fellow Brickers!

I have been a LEGO builder for the last 20+ years. It wasn't until recently that I starting buying sets to keep unopened. I found this site through a forum on brickset. I have Liked you on FB and spent HOURS last night reading through posts.

Quick question: Is there a spot on this website that shows EOL dates as they happen? I know I can go in to each set and find it and I am not looking for speculation of upcoming dates. I would just like a master list that is updated in real time. If I am missing it I apologize.

Thanks!

John

Welcome to the site. EOL dates are sketchy at best. We do not list them, because they are all approximations. LEGO does release this information, so we would have to manually go through hundreds of sets a year to get inaccurate data. Sets come in and out of sold out status. Brickset.com does have approximate dates for EOL for some sets, but as I stated earlier, they are not set in stone.

We are toying around with an idea that might be able to start tracking EOL dates, but it is in its infancy. It would be great to get this data, but LEGO likes to keep important information like this to themselves. Speculation promotes sales, so I don't see this information getting released any time soon.

Makes sense. I thought if you already had it that would be great. I completely understand the major undertaking that would entail. Another question: When is the data acquired that is used for the "Latest Sold Listings"? I ask because the data I show is still from September. Thanks again!

Makes sense. I thought if you already had it that would be great. I completely understand the major undertaking that would entail.

Another question: When is the data acquired that is used for the "Latest Sold Listings"? I ask because the data I show is still from September.

Thanks again!

Data will be updated in the next day or two for October. We get information around the second week of each month for the previous month from EBAY.

So I don't know if I should continue in this forum or start a new topic, but I was curious as to the process for establishing the Current Market Value. Is this taken solely from ebay? The reason I ask is that I was looking at set 10228 and the Value shows at $218, yet there are plenty for sale at L@**** for $180. Can you help clear that up for me?