TRU.ca $30 off $60 purchase card

weakside

Any Canadians used their promo cards (from Dec) lately?  Just used mine...of course no Lego discount/deals...just got 2 Shelob's Attacks and 2 new minifigure polybags to make up $60 and get the discount.  With the $30 off, the Spiders cost approx $15 each from the $26 retail so it was the 'best deal' I could find haha.   

Was hoping for some Superheroes sets like Funhouse, Hulk, even Superman vs Lex etc...but no inventory.    

I didn't get any cards. What did you have to do to get them this time?

Back in early Dec for about 1 day (early bird special before 10am)...you just had to spend $50 to get this card.  I piggy backed on the previous card the-get-$10-off-when-you-spend-$30-card. 

Very tempted to get the Rancor Pit jeff_14...but decided no...thanks for the heads up.   

Back in early Dec for about 1 day (early bird special before 10am)...you just had to spend $50 to get this card.  I piggy backed on the previous card the-get-$10-off-when-you-spend-$30-card. 

Very tempted to get the Rancor Pit jeff_14...but decided no...thanks for the heads up.   

Curious as to why. The Rancor alone could command $50 soon, and more in future. And where else can you get a lego door of that size? 

Curious as to why. The Rancor alone could command $50 soon, and more in future. And where else can you get a lego door of that size? 

That`s a good point come to think about it. I just posted in your topic for the Rancor Pit as I`m mulling over the investment potential. I just don`t know. How high will it go? Could it be $150 set at some point? Not sure I see that high, but probably $90-$100 is a fair estimate. If you can buy at $50 then I don`t see why not. Unlikely Lego will release another Rancor any time soon. 

That`s a good point come to think about it. I just posted in your topic for the Rancor Pit as I`m mulling over the investment potential. I just don`t know. How high will it go? Could it be $150 set at some point? Not sure I see that high, but probably $90-$100 is a fair estimate. If you can buy at $50 then I don`t see why not. Unlikely Lego will release another Rancor any time soon. 

Agreed. There's a write up on this set in a few places on this site, including the recent article about retiring Star Wars sets this year. 

I like the discount a lot...30% plus additional promo code (Rancor)...just budget wise my wallet is trying to close itself haha.   But maybe I'll just buy 2 :)  Don't know about your local market but seems like SuperHeroes is out selling SW quite a bit for me as a reseller...could be a cycle thing...I'm sure when the next SW movie comes out there will increase demand. 

TRU planned it perfectly so the promo cards wouldn't get you anything good. This was a smart sucker job to get people to buy stuff. The $30 promo card is meant for suckers and bag holders. I warned the ones who jumped on this deal. Some bought barrel escapes for $39 plus tax just to grab this deal while I'm selling my sets for $35 cash. You had to buy three. Cost on this set for me was $19.25usd on the rapid fire sale on eBay from TRU.