Stormtrooper Becoming a 'rarer' figure than some?

Stevenplays

Hello everyone, I'm not really new to the site but this is my first time posting, anyway

I believe that the Stormtrooper is becoming somewhat rare in comparison to some other Star Wars figures, but let me explain. I'm not saying they aren't as rare as the Cloud City Boba Fett, but my point here is we haven't seen a battle pack with just Stormtroopers ever since 2007. We've received one battle pack, with one Stormtrooper, and now it's discontinued. Heck, even the new Death Star Troopers battle pack has Royal Guards instead of Stormtroopers, making Royal Guards (Or at least this variant of them) easier to get compared to the Empire's most basic lackey. Even in the new Imperial Star Destroyer we'll only be seeing 2 Stormtroopers, and it's reportedly going to be a $150 set. I hope this trend changes soon in 2015-2016, I'ld really love to build up my Imperial Army aswell as my Rebel Army, but as of now I'll have to resort to buying them on eBay. Darn you Death Star, why didn't you atleast come with 6 Stormtroopers? It's the freaking Death Star!: But I digress.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

they are extremely coveted for the same reason you're seeking them out.  one jedi verse a single stormtrooper is pathetic people want as many as they can get, and hardly ever want to give them up.  all we can do is hope for the new movies to cause more to be released.  but don't hold your breath 

It's all about the Clone Troopers these days.  Just saw a Youtube vid of a guy with 3,800 of them and kept thinking "man that would be so much cooler if they were stormtroopers".  But hey, I'm an old school original trilogy snob  :D

Ditto. I'm also an original trilogy snob. Clone Troopers don't do anything for me...

Just saw a few 9489's at TRU this weekend.  Target had them on clearance for $10 for the longest.  Luke's Land Speeder was still available at Walmart for the longest time and it has two of them.  If you don't mind 'dirty' ones there were also two in the last Droid Escape.  Just some ideas...