Good scores on eBay over the weekend (10030 & 3723)!

Danny

I purchased 3723 LEGO Mini Figure over the weekend for $168 shipped. Used with Manual. I am totally stoked about this because I have wanted this set forever. I see it is slightly lower than avg value. Trust the seller and the photos looked good. But the better deal is I scored a 10030 for $360 Sealed from a lady who had 3. I thought it might be a scam. I emailed her and she wrote back saying her father passed away and he bought 3 of these and 3 10188's for the boys in the family. But she decided to sell them because the boys said they didn't want them. There are no pictures so I really don't know what to expect. Just hope I don't get scammed. She had 6 seperate listing for the sets and I believe they are all snatched up with BIN's. She is from Colorado Springs. Apparently she shipped it today and I have a tracking number, but no info yet because I think it is delivery confirmation only. Got my fingers crossed big time that I won't have to file a paypal/ebay claim because due to it being a scam. I sold this set a while back and wished I hadn't. I am currently in search for a new bley version (used), but if this is truly a sealed one, I will have to decide whether or not to sell it when I find a used bley version and pocket the rest, or just keep it, open it and build it and just be glad I got a good deal. Anybody else get scammed on a deal like this? It's not Hong Kong and the story seems legit. I got the tracking number...guess we will see.

I purchased 3723 LEGO Mini Figure over the weekend for $168 shipped. Used with Manual. I am totally stoked about this because I have wanted this set forever. I see it is slightly lower than avg value. Trust the seller and the photos looked good.

But the better deal is I scored a 10030 for $360 Sealed from a lady who had 3. I thought it might be a scam. I emailed her and she wrote back saying her father passed away and he bought 3 of these and 3 10188's for the boys in the family. But she decided to sell them because the boys said they didn't want them. There are no pictures so I really don't know what to expect. Just hope I don't get scammed. She had 6 seperate listing for the sets and I believe they are all snatched up with BIN's. She is from Colorado Springs. Apparently she shipped it today and I have a tracking number, but no info yet because I think it is delivery confirmation only. Got my fingers crossed big time that I won't have to file a paypal/ebay claim because due to it being a scam.

I sold this set a while back and wished I hadn't. I am currently in search for a new bley version (used), but if this is truly a sealed one, I will have to decide whether or not to sell it when I find a used bley version and pocket the rest, or just keep it, open it and build it and just be glad I got a good deal.

Anybody else get scammed on a deal like this? It's not Hong Kong and the story seems legit. I got the tracking number...guess we will see.

Danny, I love both sets. The 3723 is a great set and looks wonderful displayed. As for the 10030, which is my favorite set, it sounds very questionable. People are great liars and scam artists and come up with BS lines all the time. $360 for a $1000 set...highly unlikely.

As they say on the internet, "Pics or it didn't happen." Not showing pictures of these sets makes me think scam. Sorry.

I will update later in the week or next week on the 10030. The paypal account i paid to is actually a home business for diaper cakes with a phone number and website. I guess i could start by calling it to see if it truly is a business. The website looks very legit though... http://www.pamperedtushies.org/ Also, the the other eBay history (and current items) the lady has is all diaper cake related stuff similar to the website.. This has me thinking this just might not be a scam.

I hope that you got a great deal, but there are so many people out there desperate for money, they use all sorts of fronts to look legit. I live in NJ and people are acting as FEMA agents to gain access to the homes destroyed by Hurricane Sandy so they can loot the place. Some people have no shame. Keep us informed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So my case was opened 11/18/12. eBay said seller issuing me a refund (which never came) I originally paid via paypal through eBay. I escalated the case on 11/28/12 and the only message eBay has for me is "Unfortunately, we need a little more time to make a decision. Expect an email soon" This message has been there for weeks now. Has anyone else had to wait a while for eBay to follow through with a refund on the "eBay buyer protection" policy? Googleing the topic doesn't cover the topic very well... I am discouraged and could use some experience knowledge here.

So my case was opened 11/18/12. eBay said seller issuing me a refund (which never came) I originally paid via paypal through eBay.

I escalated the case on 11/28/12 and the only message eBay has for me is "Unfortunately, we need a little more time to make a decision. Expect an email soon"

This message has been there for weeks now.

Has anyone else had to wait a while for eBay to follow through with a refund on the "eBay buyer protection" policy?

Googleing the topic doesn't cover the topic very well...

I am discouraged and could use some experience knowledge here.

Probably should call with the ebay/paypal with the claim number to see what is going on. I have never had a claim last more than a week after escalating it. Did the 10030 never show up? I can't remember the specifics now. If that is the case, should be a pretty cut and dry case, open and shut. If they sent something that didn't match the description, make sure that what you sent back had confirmation and that it got back to the seller confirmed to prove you did indeed send back item.

So my case was opened 11/18/12. eBay said seller issuing me a refund (which never came) I originally paid via paypal through eBay.

I escalated the case on 11/28/12 and the only message eBay has for me is "Unfortunately, we need a little more time to make a decision. Expect an email soon"

This message has been there for weeks now.

Has anyone else had to wait a while for eBay to follow through with a refund on the "eBay buyer protection" policy?

Googleing the topic doesn't cover the topic very well...

I am discouraged and could use some experience knowledge here.

Yes, I have had cases last a very long time before being resolved. Whenever I have had a case, I call often, at least as soon as the date arrives when they say that a decision will be made. There are usually a few stages of delays before the case will be resolved. On the positive side, Ebay has always come through, always. It is very frustrating having to repeat the same story to them over & over. I have learned to avoid the too good to be true deals, if only because the time & effort that it takes to resolve the issues. I hope it all works out for you soon.

Yes, I have had cases last a very long time before being resolved. Whenever I have had a case, I call often, at least as soon as the date arrives when they say that a decision will be made. There are usually a few stages of delays before the case will be resolved. On the positive side, Ebay has always come through, always. It is very frustrating having to repeat the same story to them over & over. I have learned to avoid the too good to be true deals, if only because the time & effort that it takes to resolve the issues. I hope it all works out for you soon.

I agree with this. I have had 10-12 cases opened against sellers and EBAY has solved every one. It takes time. May I suggest actually calling EBAY? They will let a buyer with an open case call directly. Look in the Resolution Center.

I called eBay and glad I did. They said the case was in my favor, but the process had gone into error in their system and it would have been quite a while for an administrator to find and correct it. They said they would fix it and I would get the refund within the next 7 days, but I received it after 2 days. I would suggest as advice that anyone not getting their case decided upon within about 72 hours to make the phone call and follow up to make sure your case hasn't found a home in a dark eBay closet somewhere like mine did. And of course next time, I won't take such a leap of faith on what I bid on.

Happy for you all is fine at the end ! Show the fact it's always a good thing using paypal for this sort of deal because some possibility of refund if anything's wrong. Case for me : nothing received after payment (waiting 2/3 weeks with some polite asking mail send to the seller, no answers from him) = refund as final decision.