LOTR 9471 in local store buy or pass???

Sergei316

Not wrong at all.  With Amazon selling at $49.50 (same as Chowren) this little set is already showing some nice legs.  I'm considering grabbing a few more at Canadian retail ($39.99)...but I'm still trying to find a promo or code to bring them down at least 15-20%

Thanks, that made up my mind.  Saw them this morning... now must go back and retrieve them from my hiding spot... LOL... is that wrong hiding retired lego sets?

Not wrong at all.  With Amazon selling at $49.50 (same as Chowren) this little set is already showing some nice legs.  I'm considering grabbing a few more at Canadian retail ($39.99)...but I'm still trying to find a promo or code to bring them down at least 15-20%

I just had this same luck and bought 7 at retail the other day. With as much as they have gone up in so little time, I think they are safe. Only tough stuff with smaller sets is they usually have a quicker ceiling just because people look at them and say "how much am I getting for the money?". With this set, I really think it will top out around 80$ or 90$ before it slows. So many figures and everything.

At 30$ I look to sell around $75 which shouldn't be hard at all.

Hiding Lego sets is bush league in my opinion, seems like something a child would do; either buy them or move on.

I have never seen a child hide toys in the toy aisle.  They usually want to play with all of them and ask to if they can have it. Anyway, I am not an impulse buyer and I like to make sure the product(s) I am investing in are worth my time and money.

By the way, by the time I got back they had restocked the shelve (which is odd) with several more sets.  I had to explain to wifey why I had more sets then I said I was going to have.  BOUGHT THEM ALL!!

Thanks again everyone!!

Hiding Lego sets is bush league in my opinion, seems like something a child would do; either buy them or move on.

Ouch!  In the grand scheme of things I don't know that it is all that bush league...maybe like triple A, but not bush league.  I actually think...savvy?

Savvy... yeah... more like panic... Mind you there is horrible WiFi/cell reception in WM so this is how my mind processed the situation:

I have to get home and check with Brickpicker to see what everyone thinks... must explain, no justify to wifey why this set would be good for the portfolio... I don't want to leave them here out in the open... where to put them... I guess I could buy them and bring them back if they are duds... gas... time.. hmm... galaxy squad... there seems to be a few of them here... what if I tuck the sets behind... here... and here... and there.  Maybe I should stick to the lego isle... done.

That was the situation in a nutshell.