What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 6 years later...

Star Wars microfighter clone turbo tank for $24.98 on amazon FBM.  $5 buyin.  less than $3 to ship - i'm lovin' it.

Town Hall $570 amazon FBM. mother-in-law was visiting when it sold - the mother in law who likes to compare LEGO to beanie babies.  silly old lady.

• Like 7

Pays to reach out to OBOs! 

Had a little 6237 Pirate's Plunder listed for a while at $15.50. Got an offer in at $14 today. Had spent last night building up 6249 Pirate's Ambush and 6278 Enchanted Island for photos and listing today. Mentioned them to the buyer. Interest was generated and a deal hatched. Fired off some quick photos for her, made a couple quick listings and netted some cash! 

6237 - $14

6249 - $72.25

6278 -$135.25

$255 shipped.

Buy in of $88.60. Even after you calculate in shipping and fees... Classic Pirates for the win!! 

• Like 4

Sold the Nick Fury/Venom/Spider-man set for $50 CDN (twice what I paid for it), plus the Mr Freeze polybag for $30 (free giveaway) and the X-men set for $60 (paid $40), all on Craigslist. $75 profit off $65 expense in under a year, and the last 2 only took 4 months. As in baseball, you need singles and doubles to go with your grand slams to win this game. Love me my superheroes. They're....super.

Edited by jeff_14
  • Like 2

EBay
10228 - Haunted House - $428

FBA
75040 - General Grievous Wheel Bike - $55
75054 - AT-AT - $240
60058 - SUV & Watercraft - $34
41050 - Ariel's Amazing Treasures - $32
70126 - Chima: Crocodile Legend Beast - $23
60015 - Coast Guard Plane - $70
40125 - Santa's Visit - $24

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ciglione said:

Easy on them golden dragons. They are truly golden.

If you sell out too fast you might regret it like undersigned.

About 4 months ago I went in and added some stock to a position on page 4 (assuming it wouldn't sell and i could adjust during Christmas). One day I woke up and three had sold. Have since dramatically increased it.

Thanks for the advice. I'll be more patient with this set. I wasn't really sure what to expect but 120$ seems reasonable with how fast they are going.

1 hour ago, landphieran said:

About 4 months ago I went in and added some stock to a position on page 4 (assuming it wouldn't sell and i could adjust during Christmas). One day I woke up and three had sold. Have since dramatically increased it.

Thanks for the advice. I'll be more patient with this set. I wasn't really sure what to expect but 120$ seems reasonable with how fast they are going.

Check your listings weekly. Cause prices can jump in a day.

Just check ebay in Europe to see how high these can go.

On 8/19/2013 at 1:23 PM, emazers said:

If you have extra money get as many haunted Houses as you can, guys who just keep waiting and waiting for a big sale will loose out at the end. Like I said if Amazon has a sale you can only buy 2, On this set alone if you have the money invest $5,000 or so on it you won't regret it. $180 today, $400 a year after it retires and price will keep climbing.

Good advice from back in the day! 

• Like 6