What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 7 years later...

Sold the last 3 of my Kingdoms Chess sets for $130 each. The end of an era.  It is going to be weird not to have any chess set in my inventory.

According to this post on Brickfan, there are rumors of a new Pirates chess set coming..

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-pirates-2015-chess-set-coming-year/

Edited by grackleflint

My son said he's done with his Harry Potter sets, so far sold

4842 $300

4867 $115

4840 $149

10217 $250

He gets some money from 4842 since he got it from Santa, so "technically" it's his, but I'll be taking some substantial seller fees. Still need to sell the Express, Dobby, and Quidditch.  He said he wants to keep his Hagrid Hut for now.

• Like 4

My son said he's done with his Harry Potter sets, so far sold

4842 $300

4867 $115

4840 $149

10217 $250

He gets some money from 4842 since he got it from Santa, so "technically" it's his, but I'll be taking some substantial seller fees. Still need to sell the Express, Dobby, and Quidditch.  He said he wants to keep his Hagrid Hut for now.

My 8 year old is about to do the same thing with all his city sets.

I sold a Lego Batman 50003 board game for $74.95

I am down to about 10 or so of these and the Helm's Deep game.

Every one I sell is a write off.  I have raised prices and will sit on the rest for a while now...

Why would they be a write off?  Didn't that Batman game retail for like 30 bucks?  Sounds like a double your money to me!

Why would they be a write off?  Didn't that Batman game retail for like 30 bucks?  Sounds like a double your money to me!

They were never available in the US and I bought lots from overseas before they were available cheaply...

I bought them when only available in Australia and very rare at about $150 each.

Many I sold at $300 or more but then the cargo loads showed up at european retailers and the game was over.

So each one I sell my cost basis is $150 each.  I have no doubt by the time I sell them all I will still end up break even but the profit side of it is up.

It was my one bad decision to date...  and a good lesson on choosing wisely...

They were never available in the US and I bought lots from overseas before they were available cheaply...

I bought them when only available in Australia and very rare at about $150 each.

Many I sold at $300 or more but then the cargo loads showed up at european retailers and the game was over.

So each one I sell my cost basis is $150 each.  I have no doubt by the time I sell them all I will still end up break even but the profit side of it is up.

It was my one bad decision to date...  and a good lesson on choosing wisely...

Ahhh, gotcha.  Oh well.  Win some, lose some you are still way ahead of the game.  It could be worse, could be this guy

1241073415177.jpg

a8b122c60bcea91b8c553cd618e68e7d117ba420

• Like 2

I sold a Lego Batman 50003 board game for $74.95

I am down to about 10 or so of these and the Helm's Deep game.

Every one I sell is a write off. I have raised prices and will sit on the rest for a while now...

A write-off is a deduction from taxable income.

So every game you sell is at loss so you are reducing your taxable income.

We are in retail so calling it ( & thinking of it as) a loss is prob better terminology since It's an investment with a negative outcome.

Interesting... NetBricks people (lego rental service) bought Forrest Police 4440 (99+shipping credit) and tecnic helicopter 9396 (139.99+shipping credit) from me.

Also sold for $40+shipping credit mini camper poly to some Chinese person via forwarding service.

And racer 42000 for a 199 + shipping credit

Edited by No More Monkeys
  • Like 2

I've been listing 100 piece random lots for $0.99 start price to drive traffic to my other listings

Every auction I've started has sold for higher than my buy it now price in other listings, I even say I'm description I have more available and include price

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

• Like 1

Interesting... NetBricks people (lego rental service) bought Forrest Police 4440 (99+shipping credit) and tecnic helicopter 9396 (139.99+shipping credit) from me.

Also sold for $40+shipping credit mini camper poly to some Chinese person via forwarding service.

And racer 42000 for a 199 + shipping credit

hmm.. lot of lego rental companies popping up :D ..