What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 7 years later...

In the last couple of days:

- Sold Series 1 Mixels for $110 (Bricklink).  Net $45 after fees, acquisition costs, shipping, etc.

- Sold my last set of Red Series 1 Mixels yesterday, for $45.  Bummed to see them come to an end.

My stock in Series 1 Mixels is dwindling.  Still have a few sets left, along with some of the individual Mixels.  It's been a great run.

• Like 4

- Sold Series 1 Mixels for $110 (Bricklink).  Net $45 after fees, acquisition costs, shipping, etc.

- Sold my last set of Red Series 1 Mixels yesterday, for $45.  Bummed to see them come to an end.

My stock in Series 1 Mixels is dwindling.  Still have a few sets left, along with some of the individual Mixels.  It's been a great run.

All I have left are a few Black sets.

I sold my first series 1 set in a long time for 119.95 on ebay.  I still have a pretty deep stash because I have been bullish on not lowering prices.  Hopefully with the release of series 4 it pays off.

Sold a Ninjago Fang-Suei clock. (Finally!)

I was jumping around the house and my wife was looking at me funny. (I think some of you can relate to that joy.)

That was me after finally ditching the worriz combat lair last week. Bought that thing on clearance last summer and figured it was going to end up a birthday present at some point.

I sold my first series 1 set in a long time for 119.95 on ebay.  I still have a pretty deep stash because I have been bullish on not lowering prices.  Hopefully with the release of series 4 it pays off.

The sets I have on eBay are priced higher than $119.95.  I refuse to budge, because I've sold at higher numbers.  I think the market got saturated for awhile.  I'm well in the black, so I don't mind holding out.

I've been successful selling the odd set here and there on BL.  It's priced lower, but with the lower fees, I've been clearing more selling there than on eBay.  I also charge shipping on BL, but I don't charge shipping on eBay.

• Like 1

I went to pull some 9493's to ship and I noticed one was heavier.

So I pulled a few and weight at 2 lb each but this one was 2 lb 8 oz

Opened it up and it appears someone glued the side shut so that the original tape seals would look like they were sealed

They stuffed all kinds of things in it including a different lego set and other toys of no value to add weight.

Needless to say returning this one.  Glad I caught it.  It looked good.

Opened it up and it appears someone glued the side shut so that the original tape seals would look like they were sealed

They stuffed all kinds of things in it including a different lego set and other toys of no value to add weight.

Needless to say returning this one.  Glad I caught it.  It looked good.

Glad you caught it, that's frustrating...

Needless to say returning this one. Glad I caught it. It looked good.

We are all glad you caught it but how would it have played out if you didn't catch it? Do you just suck it up and move on counting it as one loss in a sea of hundreds? Do you trust your customer to tell the truth? Curious given your experience...

We are all glad you caught it but how would it have played out if you didn't catch it? Do you just suck it up and move on counting it as one loss in a sea of hundreds? Do you trust your customer to tell the truth? Curious given your experience...

You are thinking what I was thinking through.

I mark everything sold as is, no returns and specify in good detail about the set and if the box has any minor kinks or dents etc.

I strive to always ship excellent product and give excellent customer service.

Since my investment on the X Wings is about $50 a piece I think if I would have gotten an inquiry I would have apologized over and over trusted the person and told them to keep it and I would have sent them another one at no charge.

I did pick up on this beyond weight that when you hear the Legos sliding in the box I could tell tons of loose things sliding and not smooth bags sliding.

If this had been a $120-140 Millennium Falcon selling for $215 I would have asked them to return ship it at my cost, sent them a replacement and given them a $10 credit on top of it for their time to have to deal with returning it to me.

Then  I would have tried to approach my place of purchase if I was in the return period.

The product had some or all of Pre Vizla manual and set plus lots of other stuff inside it.

You are thinking what I was thinking through.

I mark everything sold as is, no returns and specify in good detail about the set and if the box has any minor kinks or dents etc.

I strive to always ship excellent product and give excellent customer service.

Since my investment on the X Wings is about $50 a piece I think if I would have gotten an inquiry I would have apologized over and over trusted the person and told them to keep it and I would have sent them another one at no charge.

I did pick up on this beyond weight that when you hear the Legos sliding in the box I could tell tons of loose things sliding and not smooth bags sliding.

If this had been a $120-140 Millennium Falcon selling for $215 I would have asked them to return ship it at my cost, sent them a replacement and given them a $10 credit on top of it for their time to have to deal with returning it to me.

Then  I would have tried to approach my place of purchase if I was in the return period.

The product had some or all of Pre Vizla manual and set plus lots of other stuff inside it.

These stories are very worrisome.  I haven't weighed anything before selling and luckily haven't had any problems yet.  I guess from now on I need to start weighing before selling and then weighing it again for shipping.  Freaking Lego sets are getting weighed more than Karen Carpenter probably weighed herself.

I usually check seals when I buy sets from stores or online. But I have never checked their weights.

But this is worrisome. There is nothing to stop a dishonest person from "claiming" that the perfectly good lego that you sent them contained another set after opening it. They could ship back to you the opened set and put in there other contents to support their claim. Although we all hope this would never happen I'm sure it could.

I'm not sure how I would handle a situation like that.

I usually check seals when I buy sets from stores or online. But I have never checked their weights.

But this is worrisome. There is nothing to stop a dishonest person from "claiming" that the perfectly good lego that you sent them contained another set after opening it. They could ship back to you the opened set and put in there other contents to support their claim. Although we all hope this would never happen I'm sure it could.

i think someone reported earlier its happened on ebay before, but because the guy selling the item took extensive pictures/videos of the item before shipping it, he won the judgement on ebay.

Yeah that's the scary reality of selling new sets, and the worst thing I've ran across was one time when I bought a mouse from bestbuy and when I got home I noticed someone put some pos mouse inside the package instead of the one I was supposed to get lol

Many on here will call me crazy, but when I found that Simpsons House at Target the first thing I did once I got home was cut the seals and verify it. I've sold plenty of "open box, sealed bag" sets for 98%-100% of the sealed box rate. I would rather take a 2% hit than ship out a box like Trek found to a buyer.
  • Like 1