What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 8 years later...

I sold a Flurr series 2 blue mixel on ebay (new in a seal package) a couple weeks ago and the buyer just sent me a email  saying when she opened the package it was a different blue mixel in the package (not Flurr). What are the chances of this happening? I gave her Legos customer service number.  any other suggestions in case she comes back at me?

I sold a Flurr series 2 blue mixel on ebay (new in a seal package) a couple weeks ago and the buyer just sent me a email  saying when she opened the package it was a different blue mixel in the package (not Flurr). What are the chances of this happening? I gave her Legos customer service number.  any other suggestions in case she comes back at me?

That is definitely odd and there is a very low chance of this happening.  Hopefully once she contacts LEGO, that will be the end of it for you.  Very strange...

<mods, maybe this ought to be moved to the Canada forum section?>

What red said... Here's what I generally do:

1) If I believe there is no chance of selling it into the US due to my buy-in cost vs what people south have reported, I price for the Canadian market. So I scour the recently sold and current listings to see what the going rate is for US sellers. Also, I look at what are they charging to ship to Canada and/or are they using the GSP which makes most items over $25 just not worth it (to the educated buyer) if they can buy in Canada. And I price accordingly... usually it means I'm about 15% higher than the US sellers but I'm hoping to sell in Canada anyways.

2) For items where I've had a competitive buy in price, I just accept that I'm making a little less since everyone takes a piece of the pie. For example, I found a dozen Rovers in July at a local mom & pop toy store. My price on them was $39.58 per - I just sold one for $115. US shipped last week to a US buyer. Sure I make less than someone in the US but after exchange, shipping and fees, I took home $55. I'm happy.

3) I usually list in US funds - lately the exchange rate has been in our favour. A gamble I take as I really do believe the US buyers are more sensitive to seeing nice round numbers... Canadians are so used to shopping in the US for deals, I think you can squeeze a few extra bucks out of Canadian buyers this way.

4) ALWAYS print your labels through PayPal for parcels, and NEVER for padded envelopes! You get 10-15% off by printing through them for parcels. PayPal's envelope rate always treats it as if it's a padded envelope that won't fit through the envelope slot. Now they'll often try to get you to pay the full rate at the post office but I personally insist on shipping it as a regular mail item which usually costs between $2 and $4. It's about $12 to send a padded envelope as a parcel which is the same rate as a small box. (unless of course the contents are expensive enough that you can't afford to lose then I'd do it the parcel way as it's trackable)

And... just for good measure, I always try to sell stuff locally on Kijiji as well. I've had decent luck, even had a number of out of province buyers find my listings. Always a risk, but I've had no bad experiences meeting in a local parking lot (for expensive stuff), or at my home or mailing things out (invoicing via paypal).

Good luck!

I pretty much do the same, although the Paypal label trick is nice to know. I'm lucky as I'm in Toronto so I have access to numerous stores when clearance sales start, numerous Lego stores to pick up exclusives and VIP promotions, and it's very easy to drop sets off through Craigslist and Kijiji sales to people by subway. Half of my sales are to people a few blocks away from my office. And when listing on ebay, I use close to the US price and get good Canadian traffic who are happy to avoid paying for shipping from the US. 

Just sold a trio of LOTR sets plus the Goblin King through Craigslist for $300 CDN. About $120 in profit thanks to half price sales in the past year. Dropped it off tghe next building over from work.

Gandalf Arrives - $30

Mines of Moria - $100

Goblin King - $100

Attack on Weathertop - $70.

Just sold a trio of LOTR sets plus the Goblin King through Craigslist for $300 CDN. About $120 in profit thanks to half price sales in the past year. Dropped it off tghe next building over from work.

Gandalf Arrives - $30

Mines of Moria - $100

Goblin King - $100

Attack on Weathertop - $70.

$120 profit not counting taxes of course :)

CRA wants their portion.

Sold a LEGO 4626 Farm Brick Box for $30 + shipping. What is it with these blue boxes of Lego. I got it for $17 at a mom and pop toy store which was a bit high but I knew I could flip it for some profit.

Nice!  I just had a GSP buyer nab one for $47 shipped, so you might have been able to squeeze a little more out of it.

• Like 1

Today and yesterday...

New/sealed 3061 city park cafe for $62 shipped. Paid $21.

New/sealed 40082 & 40083 Christmas stand and truck promo combo for $56 shipped. Received free last year with other purchases.

Used/complete with box 6769 Fort Legoredo for $148 shipped. I bought it off my local Craig's two weeks ago for $25. I spent about $15 bricklinking a few missing pieces.

• Like 2