What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 8 years later...

Hmm... I was thinking about unloading the two I have in storage...

Any chance of it going above $400 by Christmas?

I had the same question in mind when I posted it on ebay, but my tought is, I made $100 out of it and with $100 more i will upgrade it to a DS......

Edited by boliramirez

I thought I would ask...  Has anyone else's ebay or Amazon store started to really take off for the holiday season?

Starting last weekend my store has been non stop almost selling multiple things every day.

It is a very different pace than the last couple of months.

I am starting to feel the Holiday buying early.

A few things I marked down to be more competitive but much of what is selling was not marked down.

It is a good feeling.

I thought I would ask... Has anyone else's ebay or Amazon store started to really take off for the holiday season?

Starting last weekend my store has been non stop almost selling multiple things every day.

A few things I marked down to be more competitive but much of what is selling was not marked down.

It is a good feeling.

What have you been selling?

Lego, Kre-O, Zelda 3DS XL, Minifigs, Poly, Etc.

Last 7 days sold quite a few items.

Some have good % margin on investment some I am clearing out to convert to Town Halls, R2D2 and other items.

It is a lot for me I'll PM you the list.

that's good. you will get qualified for the holiday selling :D

I thought I would ask...  Has anyone else's ebay or Amazon store started to really take off for the holiday season?

It is a good feeling.

Yes, since Wednesday, I've been setting some 2014 personal bests in terms of profit per day. As sales improve, it just increases that sense of urgency to stockpile NOW for the holidays, and not in a month, bc then I will be battling Crowds & Snow, both of which I am not fond of.

Among the highlights, Jek-14 $59.99 (paid $6.75), a lot of Spider Homing Droids $175 (paid $70), and Bricktober Pizza Place for $55 which included overnight shipping.

The biggest indicator I see is a noticeable uptick in foot traffic at B&M stores on the weekends.

Yes, since Wednesday, I've been setting some 2014 personal bests in terms of profit per day. As sales improve, it just increases that sense of urgency to stockpile NOW for the holidays, and not in a month, bc then I will be battling Crowds & Snow, both of which I am not fond of.

Among the highlights, Jek-14 $59.99 (paid $6.75), a lot of Spider Homing Droids $175 (paid $70), and Bricktober Pizza Place for $55 which included overnight shipping.

The biggest indicator I see is a noticeable uptick in foot traffic at B&M stores on the weekends.

Jek-14 minifig?

how much is the profit on this?

$199+tax=$220

$300--$45(fees)=$255-$15(shipping)=$240

is it just $20 that i am seeing or there is something more. { lets not count the double vip } at least for now.

I don't get why the hate on flipping this set. Fees are not $45. Ebay with top rated seller is 8% so $24, and PayPal is 2.9% so about $9, so $33 total in fees. Shipping is about $15 using Fedex. Even just counting single VIP points, I pay $213 including tax and get $10 back, so my net cost of a set is $203. Selling for $300 - $48 in shipping and fees is a $50 profit, which is even better with double VIP and the promo right now. Edited by Cetona

I don't get why the hate on flipping this set. Fees are not $45. Ebay with top rated seller is 8% so $24, and PayPal is 2.9% so about $8, so $32 total in fees. Shipping is about $15 using Fedex. Even just counting single VIP points, I pay $213 including tax and get $10 back, so my net cost of a set is $203. Selling for $300 - $47 in shipping and fees is a $50 profit, which is even better with double VIP and the promo right now.

depends on where you sell.

CL => no fees and you can pocket and its worth it

ebay + paypal = 13% i think but you are counting 11% ok...

amazon = 15%

that was based on amazon. now $15 shipping is very conservative for this set... though.

no hate. if you can make $50/$200 = 25% .. that's great. go for it all day along.

if you are buying lunch i will go with you to the lego store to buy one more tumbler for you.

Tumbler's a tough one. I have sold three on Craigslist which is a no-brainier... But there are a lot of moving parts to it now. Store stocking has gone from 5 a week, to ten a week, and now as many as 36 a week. It's hard to gauge what this will do before Christmas- I simply don't want to be stuck with a stack of these on Dec. 26th.

I don't get why the hate on flipping this set. Fees are not $45. Ebay with top rated seller is 8% so $24, and PayPal is 2.9% so about $9, so $33 total in fees. Shipping is about $15 using Fedex. Even just counting single VIP points, I pay $213 including tax and get $10 back, so my net cost of a set is $203. Selling for $300 - $48 in shipping and fees is a $50 profit, which is even better with double VIP and the promo right now.

There is no hate from me.  All I care about is if it is still worth it for ME to pursue this high risk low margin market space.