What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 8 years later...

When you guys sell on Craigslist do you meet up with the buyer?

Yes. I always meet in a public place and because I work near the main transit hub in Canada's biggest city, I can usually just walk out of my office to do the drop. Or I have no problem meeting at another subway or train station. 

Yes. I always meet in a public place and because I work near the main transit hub in Canada's biggest city, I can usually just walk out of my office to do the drop. Or I have no problem meeting at another subway or train station. 

Our environments are so different. I'd have to meet at an Amish Farmer's Market.  Amish don't build LEGO, they build barns and wagons.

9515 Star Wars Malevolence: $200 + shipping

HOLY MOLY! I totally underestimated the market for this thing.

$55 each or for the 3 ?

Sold 3 of the Monster Fighter Halloween accessory sets on ebay to one buyer for $55 plus shipping. I paid $40 last year and will hike the price with Halloween approaching.

I agree.  The Lone Ranger train has the chance to raise in the next 12 months.  this set (and others like most of the MF them and Joker's Funhouse) didn't "pop" after retirement since many TRU and mom / pop stores had sets in-stock at inflated prices. 

a little too early ... gotta be patient with this set ... only less than a year out from EOL ...

$55 each or for the 3 ?

I agree.  The Lone Ranger train has the chance to raise in the next 12 months.  this set (and others like most of the MF them and Joker's Funhouse) didn't "pop" after retirement since many TRU and mom / pop stores had sets in-stock at inflated prices. 

$55 for the 3 using BIN. I just raised my price to $50 and the BIN to $65. Lots more available and I bought them for 50% off at $12 each.

Another set of Mixels Series 1 for $110, and two more RIs for $70 each.  I'm OOS on RIs.  Decided I was happy with the ROI, and since more were appearing in store this week, I wanted to get some money out of them before a flood of new product showed up.

If I screwed up, oh well.  I missed the boat a little while ago when they were going for $90.  Might as well be happy with grossing 4x what I paid for them.

• Like 3

how much is the profit on this?

$199+tax=$220

$300--$45(fees)=$255-$15(shipping)=$240

is it just $20 that i am seeing or there is something more. { lets not count the double vip } at least for now.

Funny thing, I just ran the same numbers, and got the same result.

how much is the profit on this?

$199+tax=$220

$300--$45(fees)=$255-$15(shipping)=$240

is it just $20 that i am seeing or there is something more. { lets not count the double vip } at least for now.

Funny thing, I just ran the same numbers, and got the same result.

If you really must know ....

I bought the tumbler for $180 using points to get that amount. $300 local sale = $120... There you have it ...

Oh and BTW, for me to ship that beast out will be in the realm of $50

Edited by jaylay

If you really must know ....

I bought the tumbler for $180 using points to get that amount. $300 local sale = $120... There you have it ...

Nice. No shipping no fees and no paypal SNAD months from now. I am thinking about CL to flip mine as well. That's the way you do it. Money for nothing and chicks for free.

• Like 1

I think we did that exercise for SSD. Most people can ship SSD for about $23 coast to coast (with signature and full insurance). If I remember correctly, you have to remain under 3 cubic feet overall size though, otherwise it jumps quite a bit (thank god them stupid sewer lairs are just below that...)

I think we did that exercise for SSD. Most people can ship SSD for about $23 coast to coast (with signature and full insurance). If I remember correctly, you have to remain under 3 cubic feet overall size though, otherwise it jumps quite a bit (thank god them stupid sewer lairs are just below that...)

we sure did. I think it was 29$ unless u fudged the dimensions by an inch or so.

jaylay is in HI.

everything is different over there in the paradise.

• Like 1