Found 10179 in attic

10179-owner

Hi to all. I am a new member and imagine my sursprise to find a first edition 10179 Millenium Falcon in our loft. This had been a gift to our son several years ago, but he had never got around to making it. All the parts are still in the bags and we just opened the box (for the first time - perhaps a mistake ?) to check that the certificte is in place-which it is. There are a couple of scuffs on the outside of the box, but no tears and in nice overall condition. Having realised just what we had after a few searches on the model number, we are trying to understand if we should keep it for him as a future investment or if the time is right to sell it (has the price peaked ?). I would greatly appreciate member views of what you would do ? Thank you for your time. (UK member)

Hi to all.

I am a new member and imagine my sursprise to find a first edition 10179 Millenium Falcon in our loft. This had been a gift to our son several years ago, but he had never got around to making it. All the parts are still in the bags and we just opened the box (for the first time - perhaps a mistake ?) to check that the certificte is in place-which it is. There are a couple of scuffs on the outside of the box, but no tears and in nice overall condition.

Having realised just what we had after a few searches on the model number, we are trying to understand if we should keep it for him as a future investment or if the time is right to sell it (has the price peaked ?).

I would greatly appreciate member views of what you would do ?

Thank you for your time. (UK member)

you certainly lost a few dollars by opening it but can still make money on it. Not sure if it will go higher in price but my guess is yes it will with the new star wars episodes coming out in a few years. Congratulations on your find! You did very well!!

Lay everything out on a table. Take some quality pictures. Ask a moderately high price...$2300+ and let it ride. If it is a First Edition(with certificate), it is quite valuable. There is something to be said for a complete 10179, with all the sealed bags and certificate and a box in excellent condition. People like to know what they are getting and even if the seal is broken on this set, it is still worth top dollar.