Do these hold any investment potential

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm 99% sure that the value is in the minifigs.  Whenever I see a row of books like these there are inevitably a few with the minifig ripped out (although I'd like to think for personal collections rather than for investing ;).  I'm not sure how long you'd have to wait for that minifig to appreciate in any, uh, appreciable way, but I'd think a long time.

• Like 1

At $20, no brainier. Figs alone are worth double that. The value really isn`t so much the books as the figures, so I`m suggest flipping the books my themselves just to recoup cost, hang onto the figs for a while longer, then sell for maximum profit. The books won`t likely go up very much if at all, so get rid of them now. 

• Like 1

20 for the lot of them was a good deal. Those books aren't going to be nearly as highly desirable as "sets" in my opinion, because they become "outdated" somewhat as new minfig collections are released, but they are still worth much more than you got them for.

Books are fun to read and useful though for identifying minifigs......heck, I just bought that Year by Year minifig book you ave there for $20 at X-mas.  I'd consider them reference material though more than investments, and I'd go the other route...sell the figs and keep the books.

These are nice books for any serious lego collectors. There are comparatively cheaper than lego sets and easier to store. If anything great coffee table material. Think the batman and mini figure history books have the highest potential. If the architecture studio can appreciate so much because of the book, then these books can have some upside too, albeit on much lower scale.

Part them out - sell the figs and books separately to maximize up your return. I sold the Batman book (I got it in a bundle with Batmobile Two Face Chase) WITH the fig and got $19 for it. Figs alone could grab $12-15 each and the books $10-12 each.

Wow where did you find the whole lot for $20? I think that's a pretty good deal! The newest minifigure year by year book goes for $20 alone here, and I've been on the fence about buying it (coz I have no more shelf space). You can definitely sell off the minifigs and make more than double what you paid.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

you could alway buy a large set then take out the lego pieces and replace with the book and add puzzle pieces then return the box to the retailer for a refund.  kidding like other said keep for reference and sell off minifigs.