Is this normal?

Stores in the u.k anyway are OOS of loads of items, Lego has loads new releases this January ad more to come springsummer. Do you think this could see EOL on some sets sooner?

Lego sets usually do not EOL until after 1-2 years. Most of the time, they EOL after 2. I do not think that being OOS as soon as they are released will affect anything. Stuff like this will happen.

A sales period of two days almost certainly won't affect final EOL decisions by TLG, but I always take a peek at hot sellers when a set first comes out - if people really want a set now, chances are other people will want it 2,3 or 4 years from now.  Make mental notes of hot sellers on initial offering and target them on sales throughout the course of the production run.  I save up coupons or double VIP point offers, etc., and use my best promo opportunities on sets like these.

Guest TabbyBoy

The new Maersk Triple - E has sold out in less than 48 hours on shop @ home, same with GGWB from star wars.

I have 5 on back order which Lego say they will honour.  These are going to be VERY big money spinners, buy as many as you can!