What no BOGA?

glenbart

So star wars has hit the shelves with another batch of remakes, GGWB would have been ok but there is no Boga! So many of these star wars sets are duds that will never make any decent return, so why do people invest in them so much?

I think a lot of people don't invest in Star Wars sets a ton  - and not like they used to. I would say star wars makes up a very small percentage of my investment stash.

However, there is a huge fanbase and some of them are just obvious winners like the UCS sets. So there is still meat on the bone.

I think a lot of people don't invest in Star Wars sets a ton  - and not like they used to. I would say star wars makes up a very small percentage of my investment stash.

However, there is a huge fanbase and some of them are just obvious winners like the UCS sets. So there is still meat on the bone.

I agree. In the past, people would have many SW sets when they are investing. Now, those investors are still investing in SW sets, but they are particular about which sets to invest in and at what price. So people are still investing in the sets.

I'm thinking of getting some more star wars sets this year having already invested in j.palaces and skiffs, I got these around half price. I think they have great potential, if there is a spin off movie for Han solo and boba fett it is very likely we will see Jabba in the movies given that both these characters worked for Jabba in one way or another. Plus the characters in these sets are bankers. I want to get into UCS investment but need to work out where best discount would meet eol, the may the 4th deal may be my best bet. A few UCS sets have turned up in some retailers here in the u.k too. I bought a 10215 obi-wan with R5 at the beginning of last year, I know it was a bad seller, given that so far after eol I still go it 40% off. I quite like the set and may just build it one day. I think UCS is better long term. I do though get miffed at sets like the "rogue shadow" which is quite a few years old, I bought one last year for

I'm just not a big fan of the prequels which only get "really good" from palpatines arrest, I think this set will do well but I did not manage to get any. While anything original trilogy is on the same par, I think all the other sets do better in the US so my point of view investment wise is always going to be different.

I don't think now is the time to complain (ask me again next year because so far, meh) because the 2012 line - especially the fall series was excellent in my opinion.

Name a bad set in the fall series and I will totally refute your claims! lol

Yes I agree, 2012 in my opinion had to be one of the best years ever for lego star wars sets. However I did fine two mediocre sets: The republic striker class starfighter and Pre Vizsla's Mandalorian Fighter. I found the striker-class to be pretty boring once I finished it, and the figures weren't that interesting. I don't own Pre Vizla's fighter but based of reviews and the way it looks it's not that great.

Anyways about the topic of this post, many Star Wars sets these days, especially in the 2014 winter year, have been a hit or a miss. Most people just invest in the good ones, and ignore the really crappy ones like the 2013 HH-87 Starhopper. Star Wars investment can still give you some cash, but you have to make sure which ones to get. But yeah listen to the others about it being refreshed in 2015.

It stands for General Grievous Wheel Bike

Alrighty then.

I didn't get this at first either...too many acronyms in Lego investing...

Agreed. Next year will have a few doozies like PR = Parisian Restaurant. It's going to take a while getting used to that same as PC = Palace Cinema or AAB = Arkham Asylum Breakout. :wacko: