Hello from Toronto, Canada

Hello Everyone, I'm new to the whole Lego collecting scene, but I've been a collector of various items through my life (hockey cards, transformers, playing cards, anime figures, vinyl toys etc.). I've started to become more intrigued with the idea of collecting Lego when I saw how much sets like the Star Wars UCS 10179 Millennium Falcon and the Modular Building 10182 Cafe Corner were going for! I can definitely see the viability and future growth of Lego investment, as long as they bring out great collectible sets like the Star Wars UCS and ensure that discontinued sets, STAY discountinued. This site is a great resource of information and I definitely look forward to the future of Lego! =)

• 5 months later...

Been checking out this forum for 2-3wks now and has been fun reading. I'm mid 30's and got the 'itch' after buying a little Mandalorian battle pack on sale at local Indigo/Chapters...and proceeded to buy addition star war sets (droid escape, at rt, skiff, a wing star fighter, geonosian cannon and various battle packs) for MOC. Have a 3yr old son so figure/excuse is I can enjoy it now and he'll appreciate it in the near future lol. I enjoy the chase of a deal but it is very hard as a novice to wait for sales haha. I purchased a Tie Fighter brand new privately for $40 than did a quick flip for $70 since none of the mini figures excited me for my MOC. Getting that little profit started me thinking I can enjoy a hobby and maybe make a little cash too when the opportunity presents itself. If nothing else I still have the figures/sets for my son and I. So my very first set that I'll keep as investment - won't or trying not to open is The Dynamic Duo Fun House, looks like a great set with many mini figures and has potential. If it doesn't go up in value down the road at least I can crack it open to enjoy. Tempted to buy Jabba/Rancor, Grand Emporium, Tower Bridge, and ucs R2 D2 but thought I'll take it slow before spending big cash :) Thanks for reading.