Selling my Statue of Liberty (3450)

First off, I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this! I'm taking a trip this winter and I'm letting my Statue of Liberty go to cover some of the cost. I will be posting it on Ebay in a few days, but I figured I would post a heads up on Brick Picker first. (I'd really like it to go to a good home) :) Few details on the set. My fiancee is the original owner, she has had it ever since she was a kid. It is currently on display in our bedroom. It is a used set, but 100% complete. The instructions are severely damaged, but all there. It seems to be water damage. The cover page is torn off, but besides that all intact. No box. I have included a few pictures of the set and I can take additional, detailed pictures upon request. I will also post a link to the auction when I get around to posting it. If you would like to message me with questions or offers, I will get back to you as soon as possible!

This was one of my recent post discussing selling sets on this site http://www.brickpicker.com/index.php/S=c1953ec52ca04a59ecbc5bffae8717d4ad5f4532/forums/viewthread/818/ It was just last week so I am not sure we have a definitive answer from Jeff or Ed yet......they have bigger fish to fry now that a hurricane just obliterated the state they reside it.

This was one of my recent post discussing selling sets on this site

http://www.brickpicker.com/index.php/S=c1953ec52ca04a59ecbc5bffae8717d4ad5f4532/forums/viewthread/818/

It was just last week so I am not sure we have a definitive answer from Jeff or Ed yet......they have bigger fish to fry now that a hurricane just obliterated the state they reside it.

Hey Stephen. I saw your post a few days ago, that's the main reason I wasn't sure if it was ok or not. :P On the other side, arock68 has a similar post from a few days ago. (Need to liquidate a lot of my collection. Anyone interested?), and Ed posted this.

Sorry to hear that. Seems to be more and more common everyday. The economy and job situation around the world is terrible. Please feel free to list your collection so people can private message you.

So I have conflicting views. However, as I stated, I don't want to be breaking any rules, so if it turns out to be against the rules, i'll understand.

If nothing else maybe this post can just be a heads up that mine will be posted on ebay for less than the current lowest price available. :P (I believe the lowest on Ebay is $1,000 right now, I feel like I'd be happy around the $850-$900 area.)

Hey Stephen. I saw your post a few days ago, that's the main reason I wasn't sure if it was ok or not. :P On the other side, arock68 has a similar post from a few days ago. (Need to liquidate a lot of my collection. Anyone interested?), and Ed posted this.

Sorry to hear that. Seems to be more and more common everyday. The economy and job situation around the world is terrible. Please feel free to list your collection so people can private message you.

So I have conflicting views. However, as I stated, I don't want to be breaking any rules, so if it turns out to be against the rules, i'll understand.

If nothing else maybe this post can just be a heads up that mine will be posted on ebay for less than the current lowest price available. :P (I believe the lowest on Ebay is $1,000 right now, I feel like I'd be happy around the $850-$900 area.)

right on not sure if you had seen it or not......are you sure you want to sell it? Seems like a great set to hold on to.....

We don't mind an occasional person with a unique set or collection posting on the site. We cannot control what people do and sell in the private lives, nor do we really care to be honest, but sometimes it makes for good forum conversation. Brickpicker cannot receive money for such exchanges, nor will it promote the idea. As stated in the other thread, Jeff and I will be working on an idea where people will be able to swap out LEGO sets with one another. Once again, we will offer the service but not make any money from it. We must be very careful not to step on EBAY's toes and void our contract with them.