Best and Worst flips you made this holiday season.

Dbroncoboy

Overall I think it has been a pretty successful holiday season for most of us, I have done a lot of flipping and investing. Now that its close enough to Christmas where nobody can "steal" your flipping set ideas for this season I thought it would be fun to list what worked and what didn't.

Some that Worked:

• Lego City Cargo Terminal: With BOGO at target and PM their website I paid about $71.48 with tax Sold for $130ish plus shipping.
  • New Hobbit Sets. Used B&****** Coupons for these during BOGO. These were probably the most profitable.
  • Architecture Sets, Particularly White House. -- I had never bought one of these before a month ago. I got the White House from target during the bogo sale. Some of the FBA ones have been selling for $90 
  • Dolphin Cruisers... Everyone knows about these.
  • Minecraft...Everyone knows about these.
  • Police Stations... They are selling for a pretty penny right now, sold most of mine too early.
  • New AT-TE.. When Amazon was out of stock I sold some of the ones I bought on BF for 105ish + Shipping
  • Any of the older friends sets have been easy $

Didn't work:

• Heartlake High... I bought them with the BOGO and I can still get out of them without too much dammage, but amazon getting over 1k screwed me. 
  • Forest Police Station... Last year this one worked well for me, this year Amazon just has too many. Luckily I bought them cheap from target, but still not what I was hoping for. 
  • I had got a bunch of MF at 50% off over the summer some for a longer term hold and some to flip during the holidays. I figured they would be doing well over the holidays and they were starting to gain steam, but the Toys R Us sales on them really killed their value for the holidays. I will be holding onto them for a bit. I think they have more value still...

It's a best and worst. Flipped two Architecture Studios for $225. Am banking on it coming back, which I am now nervous about, so I expect this to turn into a "worst" when this set hits $500 (and it will easily if it doesn't come back).

I apparently lived under a rock and knew nothing about them until two weeks ago

I bought 9 Spiderman's Doc Ock's Amubush on Clearance for $11 ea from Walmart, getting $30-35 ea or selling paired with a BOGO 50% off Hulk Helicarrier for 129.99 selling single Hulk's for $94.99

Got 3 Architecture Studios for retail at various B&Ns around me, missed one by waiting a day to pick it up, that sucks, sold them for $275-299.99ea

Sold off a CL group of Harry Potter sets I paid $500 for them all, flipped all of them for $900+

Selling the Captain America Avenging Cycles for $34.99ea, local store has them on the shelf still for 18.99ea

got a Walmart Pricemacth on the Goblin King that was languishing in a local store off the Target website for 44.99, currently not selling for $85, box is beat up

I bought 9 Spiderman's Doc Ock's Amubush on Clearance for $11 ea from Walmart, getting $30-35 ea or selling paired with a BOGO 50% off Hulk Helicarrier for 129.99 selling single Hulk's for $94.99

Got 3 Architecture Studios for retail at various B&Ns around me, missed one by waiting a day to pick it up, that sucks, sold them for $275-299.99ea

Sold off a CL group of Harry Potter sets I paid $500 for them all, flipped all of them for $900+

Selling the Captain America Avenging Cycles for $34.99ea, local store has them on the shelf still for 18.99ea

got a Walmart Pricemacth on the Goblin King that was languishing in a local store off the Target website for 44.99, currently not selling for $85, box is beat up

It will be hard to move the GK set right now. Was severely discounted for way toooooo long.

It will be hard to move the GK set right now. Was severely discounted for way toooooo long.

It never moved for me at the higher prices.  I sold two - one at $70 shipped and one at $69 shipped.  I had the first at $80 and the second at $75 for awhile, and neither budged.

Best Flips: Minecraft 3 set variants for between 95-100% Net profit

Worst Flips: None that made a loss as I obviously wouldn't be selling for a loss.  But did have a few Friends sets I expected to flip but didn't due to increased seller competition in my market making the margin not worth listing them.