Han Solo Origin Movie Planned for 2016

Mos_Eisley

This sounds pretty awesome, with origin stories for Yoda and Boba Fett expected after that.  If the Falcon isn't part of Episode VII, it will certainly be featured heavily in Solo's origin movie since we need to see him win it, do the Kessel Run and smuggle stuff.

http://moviepilot.com/articles/1202864-disney-moving-forward-with-star-wars-origin-story-due-to-land-in-2016

Now the big question - when to unload the UCS Falcons?  If they don't release another Falcon, those things could be ridiculous.  Of course, if they do make anything similar, the old ones could take a big hit...

Since I know nothing about any stories outside of the movies, I think this would be a cool movie.  I agree with some of the posters there about Bradley Cooper, he would make a pretty good Han.  He has enough natural swagger like Harrison Ford did that he could pull it off.  I'm sure there are others that would fill the role as well, but I don't know Hollywood that well to rattle off names of people in film and on TV.

The main problem with someone like Bradley Cooper is that he'll be much older than Harrison probably was when he did Star Wars. They need someone in their late teens almost. Would be great to get an unknown newcomer.

Meh, makeup does wonders.  Look at the cast of Big Bang Theory, they're almost all my age, and I graduated college 13 years ago.  I don't really care who does it, just thought he'd play the part well.

The main problem with someone like Bradley Cooper is that he'll be much older than Harrison probably was when he did Star Wars. They need someone in their late teens almost. Would be great to get an unknown newcomer.

Well, not that much older, really. Ford was 35 when he did the first SW movie. Cooper's 38 now.