New seller on amazon...

matt1147

I've sold books only on amazon so I'm vaguely familiar with the process, but I was unable to sell toys this holiday season due to their restrictions for year-long selling.

I've been paying attention to veteran amazon sellers, (especially Jaredseiders!), when the topic comes up and want to try moving some lego this year...

So when does amazon allow new sellers to list lego (jan 1?, dec 26?...) and what requirements would a new seller have to meet to be able to sell during the holiday season?

Any other comments or thoughts? As always, I appreciate the insight of this community!

Hello from Amazon Services,
Here are the requirements:

"We are writing to let you know that your seller account currently meets the Holiday Selling Guidelines for the Toys & Games store this holiday season:

- Your first sale on Amazon.com must be prior to September 19, 2013 (sale does not need to be specific to the Toys & Games store): Yes
- You must have processed and shipped at least 25 orders between September 1 and October 31, 2013 (orders do not need to be specific to the Toys & Games store): Yes
- Your short term order defect rate must be no greater than 1% as of November 1, 2013. Your current order defect rate: 0.0%
- Your pre-fulfillment cancel rate must be no greater than 1.75% between October 1 and October 31, 2013. Your current pre-fulfillment cancel rate: 0.0%
- Your late shipment rate must be no greater than 4% between October 1 and October 31, 2013. Your current late shipment rate: 0.0%

To remain eligible to sell in Toys & Games store during the holiday season, please continue to meet our Holiday Selling Guidelines."

I assume this ends by Dec. 31st at the latest but I don't know for sure. Best of luck!

• Like 1