Hello from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hello all,

I loved to build lego during my primary school time and recently picked the hobby back since my 5 yo daughter started collecting her friends collections.  In Malaysia, there are just a few online resellers and I would like to know if there's anyone of you from Malaysia who's interested to setup an online store + social collaboration + collection showcase web site.

I am a web developer who knows how to build an eCommerce website with social integration such as utilizing Facebook accounts. You may take a look at my recently launched project for my wife's beauty group - http://BEAUPROS.com (something like a smaller scale of LinkedIn for beauty professionals).  If anyone is interested to explore more about my suggested website above for Lego business, please feel free to leave a reply.

Thanks,

Kitt

Hi Kitt,

I'm Malaysian as well, but living in US. I'm interested in looking at opportunities to bring Lego to more Malaysian. Send me a private message if you want to discuss further.

Fred

Hi Fred,

Have pm you just a second ago.

Thanks,

Kitt

Thanks to all for the welcome messages.  Am excited to learn from all of you about lego as I know nothing about insight.

Not sure if I should post this question here, but please let me know if I should not:

Does anyone know what the requirements are to open a Lego Store in Malaysia?  We do have a LegoLand but it's located about 300km away from the capital KL.  I think it has a great business potential to have an official Lego Store in the capital KL.

Cheers,

Kitt

Welcome! I'm considering a job offer in Malaysia right now actually... should I bring my lego collection if I take it? 

Thanks ppsagehen, did you mean you're going to sell your lego collection here in Malaysia? :-)  I'm not sure how mature the second hand market here in Malaysia, but for me, I always buy the new ones from Toys'R'Us in Malaysia (although I do find their prices are high unfortunately we don't have much choices here).

Thanks ppsagehen, did you mean you're going to sell your lego collection here in Malaysia? :-)  I'm not sure how mature the second hand market here in Malaysia, but for me, I always buy the new ones from Toys'R'Us in Malaysia (although I do find their prices are high unfortunately we don't have much choices here).

No just wondering what is available there, glad to hear there is a Toys R Us