Oversaturation

It is a little funny to me that some people are suprised that the market gets oversaturated with sets that everyone thinks will be investment winners. It has been said numerous times that gone are the days of seeing HUGE returns. Of course when a set is being talked about on this and other sites as having great investment potential or EOLing soon,all of us are gonna run out and buy 1.......or 50. I got into this as some of you did knowing that there are really no more secrets in this "bussiness". The Death Star (and in my opinion the soon to be Grand Emporuim) situation is what it is! I still have both sets because I think they are cool but not expecting much in the short term from them. Just an observation. I am hoping a few of my "under the radar" sets will do well for me but nothing that will allow me to retire early!! lol. I feel that some people are trying to make a living doing this, which I have no problem with, I wouldnt quit your day job just yet though lol!

It is a little funny to me that some people are suprised that the market gets oversaturated with sets that everyone thinks will be investment winners. It has been said numerous times that gone are the days of seeing HUGE returns. Of course when a set is being talked about on this and other sites as having great investment potential or EOLing soon,all of us are gonna run out and buy 1.......or 50. I got into this as some of you did knowing that there are really no more secrets in this "bussiness". The Death Star (and in my opinion the soon to be Grand Emporuim) situation is what it is! I still have both sets because I think they are cool but not expecting much in the short term from them. Just an observation. I am hoping a few of my "under the radar" sets will do well for me but nothing that will allow me to retire early!! lol. I feel that some people are trying to make a living doing this, which I have no problem with, I wouldnt quit your day job just yet though lol!

Making a living off of selling LEGO sets is a difficult proposition. It can be done, but you must be able to sets at a price to compete with the big box stores and for most people, that is just no possible. Niche markets in weird parts of the world that don't have to compete with these large retailers might be a better bet.

Nonononono. No. I was just indicating that we share a somewhat skeptical view. Like gold panners in 1870 going "Dang it ain't 1849 no more." I have a stupid archaic resistance to using emoticons but I suppose I should have :-) at the end of that post. Nobody (except Ed) should be expected to read EVerything. On EVery forum. EVeryday.

Nonononono. No. I was just indicating that we share a somewhat skeptical view. Like gold panners in 1870 going "Dang it ain't 1849 no more." I have a stupid archaic resistance to using emoticons but I suppose I should have :-) at the end of that post. Nobody (except Ed) should be expected to read EVerything. On EVery forum. EVeryday.

oh I get it now sorry I am a lil slow lol