First Post...From CA

Hi everyone,

My name is Jeff.  I have been registered here for probably over a year, but I've just been lurking until now...

I have been buying and selling lego for many years but mostly just catching things on clearance and flipping them.  It's only been in the last year or so that I have been more deliberate/strategic in my buying.  I am trying to enter the buy/hold game but it is challenging tying up lots of $$ when you have a mortgage, kids, etc...

Anyway, I love lego and I like to collect also.  (it's hard letting go of sets sometimes..).  This is a GREAT site and I appreciate all the advice, tips that are available here.

-Jeff

Hi Jeff - You might try taking half of your flipping profits and putting them into sets to buy and hold, the other half into more sets to flip, lather, rinse, repeat.

I had to reluctantly step off the buy/hold boat myself for the next few years - we have the cash to invest, but it's always a question of what our best investment is at any given time, and for us it's better spent in other aspects of the business while we hit some specific financial goals we have.