Any builders here?

Mos_Eisley

Are you refering to MOC's or any kind of set in general? Either way, I LOVE TO BUILD! So much that I've sorted all of my parts by color & type in around 48 medium-sized clear plastic drawers. I've also tried my hand at some stopmotion every now & then. If and when I can get a better camera, I'll take up that hobby once more. My current one's quality is so *bleh*!

So who here actually builds things along with their investing? I don't find quite the time anymore to build like I'd like to, but here are a few things I've made:

I am new to Lego investing, and just got back to building (mainly for my sons' enjoyment). I took a good 20 year break from Lego building. The Internet has really connected the Lego community in a way that seemed unimaginable couple of decades ago. I was pretty much a solitary Lego builder during my younger years. Can't say I will have time to build big great things at least until my kids grow up a bit more, but I still like learning new building techniques from the MOCPages community.

Are you refering to MOC's or any kind of set in general?

Either way, I LOVE TO BUILD!

So much that I've sorted all of my parts by color & type in around 48 medium-sized clear plastic drawers.

I've also tried my hand at some stopmotion every now & then. If and when I can get a better camera, I'll take up that hobby once more. My current one's quality is so *bleh*!

don't want to hijack mos_ eislys post and turn it into something else but maybe you can start another thread or write an article on stop motion???? It is far beyond me but I am somewhat intruiged by it. Would like to hear more about it.

Holy moly! I didn't realize the Eiffel Tower was so tall! That's the only problem with LEGO being so valuable. There are so many great sets that a lot of us will never be able to build. ...unless of course the whole investment thing tanks. But for the record, I hope that doesn't happen. Lol.

Holy moly! I didn't realize the Eiffel Tower was so tall! That's the only problem with LEGO being so valuable. There are so many great sets that a lot of us will never be able to build. ...unless of course the whole investment thing tanks. But for the record, I hope that doesn't happen. Lol.

I could be totally mistaken but I think that is a MOC rather than the actual set.

@Mos_Eisley - awesome work, how long did it take to build EPIC?

Thanks! That movie theater took a few days of building for a few hours each day. I can't draw for crap but I can easily create things out of LEGO bricks.

The third picture looks kind of simplistic until you click on it and realize it's all done with minifigures. I call it The Emperor's Christmas Arrival.

So who here actually builds things along with their investing? I don't find quite the time anymore to build like I'd like to, but here are a few things I've made:

Those are all really well done MOC's, love them all and love the detail. I've always been a builder myself but I've never done a serious MOC until this year. I'm currently working on a decent size MOC to have ready for the holidays, consisting of a town layout including a lot of the Modular themed sets as well as all 4 of the winter themed sets and a lot of snow! Also will be including an Emerald Night or 2, running throughout and around the city. I know that it won't be the most original MOC as Lego towns have been built over and over, and I'm using a lot of actual Lego themed sets even though I do plan to add tons of detailed plants, trees, snow, holiday decorations, etc.

The third picture looks kind of simplistic until you click on it and realize it's all done with minifigures. I call it The Emperor's Christmas Arrival.

I didn't even realize that until you mentioned it. Man, that's impressive! You may have created a new kind of mosaic! ....I wonder if I have enough minifigures to create something like that?

don't want to hijack mos_ eislys post and turn it into something else but maybe you can start another thread or write an article on stop motion???? It is far beyond me but I am somewhat intruiged by it. Would like to hear more about it.

It would definitely make an interesting topic or article. Not sure where to start but I do have some ideas.

• 1 month later...