Anyone ever seen this with a purchase?

Timeline:

3 weeks ago - Bought an Epic Dragon Battle for 80$ (before they went on sale everywhere else for less :( ). Went to pay, and paypal said the sellers account can't accept payment.

Messaged the guy and he said "There is an issue with it, could you possibly wait 3 days and it should be resolved". I said no problem and waited a few says.

2 Weeks ago - messaged guy and said I still couldn't pay. He did not answer. I messaged him again a day later and still no answer.

Fast forward to a few days ago - He opens an Unpaid Item Case on Me!!! His only way to pay is paypal, and it still wont accept payment. 

I have messaged him several times to no avail. I assume I should just call Ebay? I mean, I would be fine with paying, but damn.

Call ebay, they're the ones you'll need to talk to about the case. He sucks, plus you overpaid. Sounds like a perfect chance to get out of the deal.

Lol - yeah I didn't know I overpaid until every retailer decided to liquidate the set literally two days after. 

He just closed the case as well and it recorded non-payment. Wish I had noticed it earlier but being on vaca I didn't see the message. Gonna call them first thing tomorrow.

Edit: I just don't understand his angle. First couple of messages he was responsive - now he isn't responding at all. But why would he be opening and closing the cases? Does he just not want to sell the item to me? I don't get it. I am sure Ebay will fix it, I am just gonna be up at night trying to figure out what he gains. LOL. 

The only way he can get his fees back from eBay is to win an NPB case (or get you to agree to a mutual cancellation, but maybe he doesn't know that)  - if I had a suspended PayPal account, the last thing I'd be worrying about is getting some fees back, but since I'm not a skanky deadbeat seller I'm not necessarily on the right track with whatever he's thinking. :-D

eBay should remove the strike from your account without too much trouble, but even if not, don't worry over it - the old "three strikes and your out" on eBay are long gone, eBay hardly ever sanctions buyers for non-payment anymore, unless they rack up just ridiculous quantities of deadbeat bidding.

The only harm that CAN come of it on a minor level is if you have two NPBs closed against you in the past X number (forget how many, 30 or 60 or some such) of days and a seller has that as one of their auto-block settings. But, since you're unlikely to accumulate a second strike in that time frame that is also unlikely to be any kind of issue for you.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

This happened to me when a seller had a new PayPal account which wouldn't accept new payments once the initial low limit had been reached.  A NPB case was opened against me and I called eBay customer services (the one where you inter a 6 digit code on phone) and they checked PayPal there and then and terminated the deal on the spot with no penalty for either of us.  I've always found eBay very helpful which is why I no longer moan about their fees, you get what you pay for!