eBay/Paypal Fee Question

boxofcorey

The ratio I`ve come across (keep in mind I don`t sell at the moment, but have sold minor things in the past) is about 9% for ebay and 5% for paypal (obviously 14% together). I plan to build in a 20% margin when I do start to regularly sell my inventory, and will also include packaging material in that. Accounting for slightly more fees then you actually paid really isn`t something I have a problem with, because there are also costs of fuel for Lego-specific store runs and other hidden costs that could be added as well. Just means that I know for sure how much I`ve put into my pocket at the end of the day, and if the number I`ve calculated ih that respect is a little bit less, then I`m happy. 

The 21 day wait for PayPal, is that only for transfers to my bank account or is that money locked up in my account for 3 weeks as a new seller?

For example, can I use the money that the buyer deposited in my paypal to pay for my buys on ebay immediately?

No... They just block it there for 21 days (usually less).

If i'm. If I'm not mistaken I think they stop doing that 3 months after your first sale

I think it was the first 25 sales were locked up for 21 days.  I usually got it after 14 or so.  If you use tracking--and it shows delivered--I think they tag 3-5 days onto that.  I think the if the buyer leaves a good review--it is released right away.

And no--you can't use the money for anything---it is locked up.  "pending"