For those of you who got the PS4 to Flip...

DoNotInsertIntoMouth

More like one of those times where not being one of those people standing in line that bends around the front of the store to be the first to buy the next console is a good thing.

Exactly. I will do what I always do; wait until the console has been out for awhile and there is a decent library of games reasonably priced.

Exactly. I will do what I always do; wait until the console has been out for awhile and there is a decent library of games reasonably priced.

Anyone remember Blu-ray players when they first came out? $1,000 for the thing ($500 was the cheapest I think) and what few titles available were something like $40 each. Now I can buy a player for $50 and the movies at half that. Also let's face it. The best titles for any console are not the launch titles. They are the ones that come out much later when designers get a firmer grasp on what the hardware is truly capable of. That is when your GTAV's are born....

I definitely wait - usually a good year or two before even touching a new console.

A lot of people forget the lesson the Nintendo 3DS taught us:

Came out for $250

Brought down to $169.99 about 4-5 months later

1 year later, 3DSXL comes out for just $199.99

Tell the people who bought it for $250 thats fair.

I waited in line for this to be released.  Granted I showed up only 3 hours in line and was number 20 in the pre-order line.  So far it's actually a pretty solid system.

I remember buying the PS3 just shy of 2 weeks after initial release.  Still have my original 60GB Fat PS3 and going strong.

I would take a low failure rate over the debacle with the 360 where it was slightly over 30% failure...

And as far as dropping the money, $400 in todays dollars is WAY cheaper than $600 7 years ago.

I waited in line for this to be released.  Granted I showed up only 3 hours in line and was number 20 in the pre-order line.  So far it's actually a pretty solid system.

I remember buying the PS3 just shy of 2 weeks after initial release.  Still have my original 60GB Fat PS3 and going strong.

I would take a low failure rate over the debacle with the 360 where it was slightly over 30% failure...

And as far as dropping the money, $400 in todays dollars is WAY cheaper than $600 7 years ago.

I agree with the Xbox comment for sure. I fully expect there to be a worse issue with it when it comes out.

Microsoft isn't exactly known for their super successful launches... ahem... (windows 8)

I agree with the Xbox comment for sure. I fully expect there to be a worse issue with it when it comes out.

Microsoft isn't exactly known for their super successful launches... ahem... (windows 8)

Mhm... A reason why I have stuck with Windows 7.  I doubt I'll upgrade the OS until something comes along.  I don't know where the hell MS went downhill, but making a desktop OS into a 'tablet' os is ridiculous.

Even with MS being less than stellar over the last few years, I'll still take it over Apple any day of the week.