What are the chances

Hi

I'm looking to invest approx 2k in a couple each of SSD and DS this year. Any chance there will be even the slightest discounts in the upcoming weeks? For investment.

From what I have read here on the forums, TLG does not want any retailers who carry these sets to discount them. There might be a slight discount like 5% maybe, but that may not even cover taxes in some states. My guess is that there will not be any discounts for these sets in the upcoming weeks.

Hi

I'm looking to invest approx 2k in a couple each of SSD and DS this year. Any chance there will be even the slightest discounts in the upcoming weeks? For investment.

You have very little chance of seeing discounts, unless it is double VIP points from LEGO S@H.  You should have invested a month ago with the free Clone Trooper, Holiday set and double VIP points.

You have very little chance of seeing discounts, unless it is double VIP points from LEGO LEGO Shop at Home.  You should have invested a month ago with the free Clone Trooper, Holiday set and double VIP points.

I agree. It was the best time to invest in the larger set. If  I do my math correctly:

Clone Trooper:  $12.87

Tree Stand:       $19.20

VIP Points:800: $40

Total Saved:      $72.07

$399.99 - $72.07 = $327.92 which is roughly about 18% off. That is really good for a set that big.

Also, sales tax must be figured into this which would take away some of the discount. I could not factor it in because it differs for every state.