TRU 11/17-11/23 Lego sale

wholovesboo

Are you guys seeing monster fighters re-re-stocked today? Went to 3 tru today. They all had 0 castles last week---each one of them was stuffed with castles, trains, mummy, werewolf and right down to the swamp creature. There was a big tru exclusive sign on the MF section. This section is new at 2 of the stores...they had tons of each set. Tru must have bought an exclusive license to resell MF for another year.....or perhaps bought out Legos remaining warehouse stock of the line for cheap? Something is going on with the MF line and tru.

Also. Baxters---wtf? They literally had a hundred of these or so at 2 of the stores...and more than 50 at my usual. I grabbed 4 yesterday worried they would run out as there are about 20 on shelf. Went back today mid sale and they had at least 50 more!

I can't believe I paid 40 for my first pile 6 months ago. Learned my lesson. Never paying retail for Legos again!

Mine had castles and castles and then so more castles , and they were all out yesterday. They had five train sets -up from one- and also staked on crazy scientist - they had none for the longest- and maybe 40 mummy sets and few werewolf

Maybe tru didn't know that MF was not on the wholesale list? Someone needs to email them and let em know! Forgot about the scientists---tons of those too!

If it's a TRU Exclusive would it even be available on the Wholesale list? Since it's exclusive' I'd think not. I think maybe people read too much into those wholesale lists. Just because it's not available wholesale doesn't mean it's not going to be offered next year. None of TRU's exclusives are on the wholesale list. 

Maybe tru didn't know that MF was not on the wholesale list? Someone needs to email them and let em know! Forgot about the scientists---tons of those too!

Mine has no exclusive signs or anything like that. I cleared them out of Vamp castles twice, and they restocked but only by a few. they are out of the mummy and werewolf though.

I still would question, if they are going to sell them for another year or something, why are they basically clearancing them out (clearance for TRU that is). 

Right now on Ebay, just doing some research, you can get a Vamp Castle for about $110 or so. Ghoast Train for $80ish or a bit less.

So Why sell them at 80$ and 67$ respectively with extra discounts, etc.? NO ONE ELSE HAS THEM!!!

Its like TRU finally got in a place where their dumbass prices were actually legitimate and then they fold. I will never understand that company.

I guess you can make the case that they sold a ton at those prices, but even if selling the Castles at $100, they probably would have sold well.

Mine has no exclusive signs or anything like that. I cleared them out of Vamp castles twice, and they restocked but only by a few. they are out of the mummy and werewolf though.

I still would question, if they are going to sell them for another year or something, why are they basically clearancing them out (clearance for TRU that is).

Right now on Ebay, just doing some research, you can get a Vamp Castle for about $110 or so. Ghoast Train for $80ish or a bit less.

So Why sell them at 80$ and 67$ respectively with extra discounts, etc.? NO ONE ELSE HAS THEM!!!

Its like TRU finally got in a place where their dumbass prices were actually legitimate and then they fold. I will never understand that company.

I guess you can make the case that they sold a ton at those prices, but even if selling the Castles at $100, they probably would have sold well.

I've recently restricted my MF purchases to Saturdays as I have had to trouble finding them on the stores around me. The only thing I've trying to figure out are those Christmas 10$ GC on 40$ via online orders. what is the formula for those ?

At these prices you know that TLR is the new PoP.  Looking forward to deeper discounts to add to my personal collection.  These sets will be dogs for years to come.

I agree with you. I have seen some PoP sets in my local TRU. They are still here. I wonder if that will happen with TLR. If it does I will definitely enjoy the low prices.

If you are talking about the ones in my picture (under waffle cones) -think it's spend 75 online and you get those 2 coupons in the package. I spent 60 on skylanders and didn't get any in that box. Ordered 2 castles in 2 orders, and both packages had the coupons in them.

I think it's random. I spent $3 on scrabble flash and they sent me the coupons. My bwing order didn't come with any coupons.

Gosh, I can't believe the Constitution Train is so cheap.  I just picked another one up, along with a new Lake Town Chase set!  The manager told me he would let me slide and buy one since I told him about the problem (stock on the floor earlier than allowed).  I also got a Gingerbread Man minifigure to get over the $50 mark to get the $10 GC - what a great fig!

My TRU is 30 deep with the Battle of Hoth and I'm not sure if anyone else bought any Baxter Rampage sets after I was there this morning.  I'll pick up 4 more of each if they're still there Saturday.  I went ahead and got a Technic Tractor tonight and a Colby City Showdown.  I won't buy any more Lone Ranger until after Christmas clearance, unless I find some Constitution Train Chase sets for under $50.

My TRU is 30 deep with the Battle of Hoth and I'm not sure if anyone else bought any Baxter Rampage sets after I was there this morning.  I'll picked up 4 more of each if they're still there Saturday.

I don't see either of my stores going out of these before Wednesday.  I may try to wait until then to make another run.  I do wish they had more Hobbit wave 2 though.