7931 - T-6 Jedi Shuttle

varmintt

7931...is worth it?

First let me start by saying thanks to all the people who share their information on here.  I have scored some pretty sweet deals over the past year that I would have otherwise been completely oblivious to, simply by following this site regularly. 

My question...

My wife dragged me to the bookstore today where I killed some time by scouting their LEGO section.  Found a couple of these 7931 at 50% off retail.  I have no personal interest in this set because these animated clone wars minifig faces give me the creeps but from an investment standpoint I was wondering if I should go back and pick these up.  Had I been alone it would have been a no brainer, but my wife is at the end of her rope with my ever expanding LEGO portfolio.  I am having to be increasingly stealthy with my acquisitions.  Based on the price guide, it looks like I could make 10 bucks per set with a quick flip but not enough to justify the time and gas spent.   Any predictions on what this set will be worth in a year or two?

By the looks of things, it may hit around $50 sometime next year and possibly hit its own original retail price of $60 a year after that. It isn't that loved of a spaceship which was overpriced to start with and the only thing exclusive here is Shaak Ti. I think so long as her character stays exclusive then this will hold what little of value it does. Either way, you could be looking at a long shaky investment.

By the looks of things, it may hit around $50 sometime next year and possibly hit its own original retail price of $60 a year after that. It isn't that loved of a spaceship which was overpriced to start with and the only thing exclusive here is Shaak Ti. I think so long as her character stays exclusive then this will hold what little of value it does. Either way, you could be looking at a long shaky investment.

Second this. There wasn't a great deal of appeal to the set to begin with. 

Actually, I see Star Wars significantly dropping off and have significantly removed how much I spend on it for any form of investment

First let me start by saying thanks to all the people who share their information on here.  I have scored some pretty sweet deals over the past year that I would have otherwise been completely oblivious to, simply by following this site regularly. 

My question...

My wife dragged me to the bookstore today where I killed some time by scouting their LEGO section.  Found a couple of these 7931 at 50% off retail.  I have no personal interest in this set because these animated clone wars minifig faces give me the creeps but from an investment standpoint I was wondering if I should go back and pick these up.  Had I been alone it would have been a no brainer, but my wife is at the end of her rope with my ever expanding LEGO portfolio.  I am having to be increasingly stealthy with my acquisitions.  Based on the price guide, it looks like I could make 10 bucks per set with a quick flip but not enough to justify the time and gas spent.   Any predictions on what this set will be worth in a year or two?

At 50% off, it is good if you want the set for your personal collection. If it is for investing, I would not buy it. I do not think that the set would make enough gains to make a profit on the set considering time and gas spent.