Hellow from Taiwan

Hi I am eric from Taiwan. I like to collect some stuff. I own a small museum about the owl , most of them are antique. well...I have 4 kids and I keep buying different toys for them. Until I bought lego for them, I notice they love that so much , so I start buying legt in this 2 years. Most of them are Ninjgo series. You know, they are expand a lots of money if you keep buying this and that and I also notice some of the lego price keep going up. So I start thinking if I can do some investment on that. I check the internet for the inoformation and find this website is so helpful. What will be my first invetment lego ? I am not sure and still looking. I am thinking 10188, but it is sold so many years, all the people want it may already buy it. If there is no more star wars movie series, people in the future may even don't know what star wars is. I also think lego 10184 after I read the information in this website. Before I read it, I never know lego 10184. well....I am still keep looing for which one is the best investment ....

Hi I am eric from Taiwan. I like to collect some stuff. I own a small museum about the owl , most of them are antique. well...I have 4 kids and I keep buying different toys for them. Until I bought lego for them, I notice they love that so much , so I start buying legt in this 2 years. Most of them are Ninjgo series. You know, they are expand a lots of money if you keep buying this and that and I also notice some of the lego price keep going up. So I start thinking if I can do some investment on that. I check the internet for the inoformation and find this website is so helpful.

What will be my first invetment lego ? I am not sure and still looking. I am thinking 10188, but it is sold so many years, all the people want it may already buy it. If there is no more star wars movie series, people in the future may even don't know what star wars is. I also think lego 10184 after I read the information in this website. Before I read it, I never know lego 10184. well....I am still keep looing for which one is the best investment ....

I live in USA but i am from Taiwan too! Lego is so much fun to build and

I have also started Lego investment for half year.

Sinse Taiwan is quite far away,from my observation the secondary market is quite different from USA.

FIRST, I found sometimes it is easier to get retired sets from Taiwan WITH MUCH CHEAPER PRICE.

I guess that could be due to smaller Lego secondary market, so not every sets appreciate in USA will do the same in Taiwan. Second, the retail price is almost always 30 percent higher in Taiwan, and therefore I have always brought Lego as gifts from USA for my family and friends.

I have bought quite a few black pearl, 2010 star war set and modular building set, hopefully they will start increase their value soon.

Hengchi

Yes, it is very interesting that current models cost 30%+ in Taiwan, but retired ones sometimes are cheaper than secondary market price in US..... Since I live in Taiwan and have access to buying in US, I thought about buying to sell in Taiwan, but then realized that it doesn't work because on ruten.com.tw (a Taiwan equivalent of ebay), many people already do this on regular basis. I guess they have their own containers with spare shipping space or they fly very frequently, as international shipping (even just container shipment) is quite expensive....

Yes, it is very interesting that current models cost 30%+ in Taiwan, but retired ones sometimes are cheaper than secondary market price in US.....

Since I live in Taiwan and have access to buying in US, I thought about buying to sell in Taiwan, but then realized that it doesn't work because on ruten.com.tw (a Taiwan equivalent of ebay), many people already do this on regular basis. I guess they have their own containers with spare shipping space or they fly very frequently, as international shipping (even just container shipment) is quite expensive....

Hi, welcome to the site!! Would you say that a large majority of the people that would buy LEGO in Taiwan, but from sources in the USA? Are there other stores in there that are big distributors of LEGO. I am always interested to learn where people buy their LEGO from in other countries and if I can learn enough, maybe there will be a way to add those retailers to the site to make viewing the site more relatable to you.

Thanks

Jeff

Hi, welcome to the site!! Would you say that a large majority of the people that would buy LEGO in Taiwan, but from sources in the USA? Are there other stores in there that are big distributors of LEGO. I am always interested to learn where people buy their LEGO from in other countries and if I can learn enough, maybe there will be a way to add those retailers to the site to make viewing the site more relatable to you.

Thanks

Jeff

I have just bought "the temple of doom" set (7199) last month from ruten.com.tw for $120 dollars, but it took me a while to find deals for EOL sets.

It will certainly a great help if Jeff can link current listed sets from ruten.com.tw to Brickpicker, like you do for ebay. Obviously Ruten is communicated in Chinese with New Taiwanese dollars (NTD) currency.

Yes, It will be even more fun if you can list deals from many more countries.