Arcade Game Studio

TheOrcKing

It took a long time of searching the net (as well as technology itself progressing)

but I finally found a program which will allow you to create your own video games without needing to write a single line of code!

logo.png

It is called Arcade Game Studio created by Bruno R. Marcos and became available just last year. Although you cannot exactly make every type of game there is (mainly 3D and a few specific titles), you can create just about anything similar to arcade titles from the 80's like Ghosts 'n' Goblins, Commando, Galaga, Contra, or Pac-Man, to the 90's like Black Tiger, Operation Varth, Batrider, R-Type, or Metal Slug. Oh, and did I mention the program is free?

You basically just need sprites, sound effects, and music to import into your game project.

As for everything else, it is easy to follow through. Plus there are tutorials to help if you get stuck.

Here is a game by the creator showcasing just one example of what can be done.

Maximus Action Carnage

And here are some other examples of what you can do with the software.

Ghosts 'n' Goblins/Green Beret

Gun.Smoke

Pac-Man

Commando

Anyway, I love video games and figured on sharing this unique bit of software with anyone else who does too. ;)