When you buy sets, do you actually use them or only keep them for investment purposes?

I have bad motor skills, however I still do love LEGO's, and the sets. I mainly like visually looking at LEGO's, and just building basic stuff. I would only keep them for investment purposes, but not to build because it's sorta hard for me.

Everyone I know buys sets and uses them, and then when these people get older they sell them. The only problem is that when you open it; value decreases.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

gf and I buy for collecting/ building. I also separately buy for investing and flipping.  She loves the process of the build.  I like the sets when they are done, the building not so much.  I miss step all the time so I usually prefer for make my own things.  As long as you enjoy the time spent with theses toys, no matter what you actually do with them.

Are you playing reindeer games?  Is your name Rudolph?  Do you work in a team of 7?  Is Santa real?

I play caribou games, my name is Clark, I work in a team of 12, and Santa is real -- the Jewish Santa (Howard Stern's grandma). I am more in favor of the caribous.

Guest eightbrick

I'm just your plain ol' builder so everything I have is for me. Soon as my room is more setup the way I want it, I'll go back to building like mad again.

Wait, you don't invest?  :shocked:

Wait, you don't invest?  :shocked:

Nope, just not my schtick. I love building too much to part with my bricks. Perhaps later down the road I may do some small things on the side like selling minifigures from sets so that I can just keep the parts but for now I shall continue amassing my own inventory of parts and characters.

Nope, just not my schtick. I love building too much to part with my bricks. Perhaps later down the road I may do some small things on the side like selling minifigures from sets so that I can just keep the parts but for now I shall continue amassing my own inventory of parts and characters.

Oy vey! Are you Jewish too? I speak Yiddish just as well! 

Now there's something I didn't know! You learn something new everyday, I guess!