Target security tags on $40+ lego sets :-(

remy1492

I just peeled mine off with no marks and little effort. I could do it in the store just the same and then steal it. So whats the use?

Yeah, that was my thought too. That doesn't look like it will prevent anyone who would really want a $40 LEGO set. I don't really have a problem with it, but it seems like a waste of effort.

And nobody pays attention to the door beep anyways. No real deterrant.

Funny you should say that.  I just bought two sets yesterday from Target and the security beep went off.  I looked around and no one looked my way.  None of the cashers even cared to look. Makes you wonder how easy it would be to get away with stuff if you werent an honest person.

Funny you should say that.  I just bought two sets yesterday from Target and the security beep went off.  I looked around and no one looked my way.  None of the cashers even cared to look. Makes you wonder how easy it would be to get away with stuff if you werent an honest person.

Same with me. I keep hearing a security beep go off every once in a while and no one cares to look. If they were not looking someone could get away with a lot of stuff including Lego sets.

You'd probably get away with it once.  The second time, the plain-clothes security guy would have you eating asphalt.

I used to work at a kmart. We busted a guy stealing legos and dvds once. He got away the first time and came back. He would go to the infants department and open up a stroller box. They have a lot of empty space inside. He would then fill it up with dvds, games and legos and then buy the stroller at checkouts. We checked out the surveillance once we noticed the new releases all cleared out.

He came back two days later, returned the stroller, and tried to do it again. His picture had been disbursed to all the local retail outlets, and not just kmarts. All of those loss prevention guys help each other out.

I used to work at a kmart. We busted a guy stealing legos and dvds once. He got away the first time and came back. He would go to the infants department and open up a stroller box. They have a lot of empty space inside. He would then fill it up with dvds, games and legos and then buy the stroller at checkouts. We checked out the surveillance once we noticed the new releases all cleared out.

He came back two days later, returned the stroller, and tried to do it again. His picture had been disbursed to all the local retail outlets, and not just kmarts. All of those loss prevention guys help each other out.

This would be a fun reality show.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

I think the stickers are for the loss prevention dept. to see if the items turn up at flee markets, with all the other retail stolen items.  Does it stop anyone? nope.