Brick Show: When Should You Invest in LEGO

I like these guys. I watch their show regularly. They do good reviews, they're generous with giveaways, their news features are usually relevant, and their advice is sound. Just one question: how are they not banned? TLG won't find much better evidence than a reseller on youtube telling the world he sold 8 Minecrafts last xmas. Again, I don't wish a ban on anyone, I just think it's another example of how uneven TLG's stance is.

I like these guys. I watch their show regularly. They do good reviews, they're generous with giveaways, their news features are usually relevant, and their advice is sound. Just one question: how are they not banned? TLG won't find much better evidence than a reseller on youtube telling the world he sold 8 Minecrafts last xmas. Again, I don't wish a ban on anyone, I just think it's another example of how uneven TLG's stance is.

True. But they also (help) generate a lot of set purchases from TLC. I.E. they buy to invest, but suggest that others do so as well, meaning that TLC sells more sets. Same thing goes for their reviews. A positive review should theoretically result in more sales, provided enough interested people view the video. 

They`re great! I love Brick Show videos personally, and always enjoy seeing what they keep coming out with. 

• Like 2

Guest brickcrazyhouse

unofficial spokesmen/advertiser for lego is a new thing (relative to company life). It maybe lego is waiting to see the cause and effect of this new and cheap advertisement.  they may get banned when lego is done with them.

hope not but corp thinking is all about the $$$.  

Keep in mind that the dreaded "ban" is only for whatever VIP account(s) Lego actually knows about, or if you are actually recognizable at your area store, and for guys like the reviewers, maybe for getting promo sets for reviews and giveaways.

In other words, a Lego "ban" seems to me to be an inconvenience at worst and doesn't cause much in the way of problems that can't be pretty easily surmounted in various ways.

Kind of informative to green horns.  Doesn't touch on investing early if you find a good deal though.  No harm in buying early if you can find it at a good discount.  Back to the Future backfired and those short sells are almost thing of the past.  We all learn our lessons in time.

• Like 1

Really? TLG are not going to be like, "Off with their heads." This is America, so it would be unAmerican to "ban" anyone for buying a certain product and doing whatever they want with it...

Some of you are really deep in this, jezz... :P

Firstly, Lego is not an American company so if anything, they are most likely to refrain from behaviour they would concider unDanish.

Secondly, I don't really see what is unAmerican about letting companies have the freedom to decide for themselves who they want to do business with and who not.

Really? TLG are not going to be like, "Off with their heads." This is America, so it would be unAmerican to "ban" anyone for buying a certain product and doing whatever they want with it...

Some of you are really deep in this, jezz... :P

I am afraid I'm going to have to send you back to Mocking 101 class. Remember the first day? "Before you mock someone, try to have some slight idea what you're talking about. It's super effective!"

Hey all, thanks for all the kind words and helpful feedback. We have never gotten a negative vibe from LEGO of any sort. We have multiple contacts there and they are always very accommodating to us. From our experience as a vendor at brick fairs, I can say that there has never been issues with people reselling LEGO sets that are in high demand. As we all know, popular sets that run short on supply, seem to always catch up to demand before they are retired. Last year's Minecraft, for example. Our local LEGO store employees know who we are, we always respect the limit rules. I don't see a 'ban' in our future. We have very open communication with TLG and this sort of thing has never come up.

• Like 2