Paypal question!

Alcarin

Ok so I've decided to change my primary email address (overall not just on paypal) and I found an option that I can add/change/remove existing (current) paypal email address that I use ...

So the main question is:

IF i change the current email address and write in new one and then delete the old one does this new email address becomes my paypal address which i give out to get paid?

You'll add the new address, and then you can give out either address (if you still want to use the old one sometimes) to anyone who wants to pay you on that account. If you don't want the old one used at all, change the new one to your new primary address, and then remove the old one from PayPal's system.

• Like 1

You'll add the new address, and then you can give out either address (if you still want to use the old one sometimes) to anyone who wants to pay you on that account. If you don't want the old one used at all, change the new one to your new primary address, and then remove the old one from PayPal's system.

Thanks alot to clarify this...

But if i change my primary and remove the old I need to update Ebay information i guess right :D

That would be a good idea!  :thumbsup:  You also might want to leave the old address on PayPal for awhile just to think over whether it might be floating around anywhere else as your only valid payment address - but if your sales have always been limited to Bricklink and eBay, should be fine once you change both of those to the new address.

Thanks alot to clarify this...

But if i change my primary and remove the old I need to update Ebay information i guess right :D

Yes and be very careful doing this... Some of my auctions on eBay show up with my old PayPal email address. I've even had auctions that I edited for other reasons revert to the old email address. For the life of me, I can't find where in eBay it is remembering my original PayPal email, but it is.

And if you ever get paid to the email address that you've since deleted, call up PayPal and they can verify it used to be in your history and redirect the payment to the right address... But you lose seller protection!