Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

• 2 months later...

3rd to 19th of March not a solitary sale on eBay.

20th to 26th pretty good week.

27th onwards - eBay sales have gone mental, all those kids in lockdown must be driving their parents insane. Ninjago, Chima, Friends, Elves, Creator 3 in 1, polybags all selling.

Gunna keep riding this wave until the inevitable crash.

2 hours ago, whoisbiggles said:

3rd to 19th of March not a solitary sale on eBay.

20th to 26th pretty good week.

27th onwards - eBay sales have gone mental, all those kids in lockdown must be driving their parents insane. Ninjago, Chima, Friends, Elves, Creator 3 in 1, polybags all selling.

Gunna keep riding this wave until the inevitable crash.

I would have to agree. I seem to be sellling the big old sets, even Star Wars fast. I've actually sold about all my big sets and really only have sets that just went OOS to go. Mind you, I'm one those people that lost my job/income so the extra sales will be very useful, just this time I wont be re-investing profits until I get my job back. Better than shares atm. 

33 minutes ago, Amac said:

I would have to agree. I seem to be sellling the big old sets, even Star Wars fast. I've actually sold about all my big sets and really only have sets that just went OOS to go. Mind you, I'm one those people that lost my job/income so the extra sales will be very useful, just this time I wont be re-investing profits until I get my job back. Better than shares atm. 

Sorry to hear about your job.

Wife and I are hanging on, eldest has signed up at Centrelink and the second child is still able to work at the Golden Arch's. Expecting one or both to return to the family home.

I'm not reinvesting ATM going to wait and see what happens.

4 hours ago, whoisbiggles said:

Sorry to hear about your job.

Wife and I are hanging on, eldest has signed up at Centrelink and the second child is still able to work at the Golden Arch's. Expecting one or both to return to the family home.

I'm not reinvesting ATM going to wait and see what happens.

Regarding Maccas and all that takeaway food, i see no cooks wearing masks, some even have no gloves. They sneeze or talk, and germs go on the food.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No selling slowdown here - keeping Auspost busy. 

New / Used doesn't matter all going, even sold the last of my Galaxy Squad sets.

The Big W dimension clearance sets - nearly all gone

Venice and Berlin architecture skyline sets -  last ones sold today for $220 & $260 each.

All pre 2016 City and Creator sets gone

Not Lego - but Black Series Star Wars 6" figures picked up for the Reject Shop selling consistently.

Picked up some discounted Overwatch (D.Va & Reinhardt and Wrecking Ball) sets and a Tantive from Target during their current sale.

19 minutes ago, whoisbiggles said:

Still no slowdown

Last of the Sydney skylines gone for $170.

76107 Thanos Ultimatum Battle - gooooooone

All pre 2018 Speed Champions sets goooooooooooooooone

It's unusual times.

I sold lots of big sets to make space/free some cash and my ebay was going off all hours. I was selling most for a double profit but happy to get out of star wars at 50%. Elves has been spectacular (at least x3 purchase across the board). The Speed Champions have always done well for me at the 3 year mark but selling the lot is awesome for you. As mentioned before I lost my job, so the money is very appreciated, better return than stock market, thats for sure. Hopefully working again inside 2 months,  before big sales at end of year to replenish supplies. 

For the first time in 4 years my wife "gets" lego investing/selling and some building. She is stunned when I show her purchase vs sold prices at the moment.

• Like 3

Watch out for whiney buyers who won’t pay an extra $5 or $10 dollars to get express post , but who are quick to complain about delivery times. Not my fault a virus has suddenly rendered Australia Post incapable of delivering anything. 
I purchased the Upside Down 4 weeks ago from DJs. Still haven’t received it.🤬

2 hours ago, whoisbiggles said:

Still no slowdown

Last of the Sydney skylines gone for $170.

76107 Thanos Ultimatum Battle - gooooooone

All pre 2018 Speed Champions sets goooooooooooooooone

I still have a few of these I bought for like 20 bucks each from a Dj's glitch sale a couple years ago. I will hold onto them as they are very small and I'd prefer to clear out the larger sets 

1 hour ago, Furious_george said:

Watch out for whiney buyers who won’t pay an extra $5 or $10 dollars to get express post , but who are quick to complain about delivery times. Not my fault a virus has suddenly rendered Australia Post incapable of delivering anything. 
I purchased the Upside Down 4 weeks ago from DJs. Still haven’t received it.🤬

I'm already at that point... Perth guy hasnt received his large set since I mailed it on the 14th. Tracking is still only at the original scan at my LPO

• Haha 1