Why isn't there a Lego Store in MS?

Lego seems to want to be in classier, higher end malls in dense population areas that aren't stinkholes. Memphis, sorry, but you're a stinkhole.  :twitch:  On my side of the country they didn't put one in Oakland or Stockton, either. Stinkholes.

If you look at their target buying audience for expensive sets - rich people, nearly-rich people, wannabe-rich people, collectors who would rather have the newest Lego than pay the light bill, and parents well enough off to dote on their children and buy them pricey toys - you can see why they make a decision for this city and mall over that city and mall in most cases.

• Like 1

Lego storea are placed where there is demand for Lego sets and the profitability. There are a lot of Lego stores in highly populated areas like NYC and LA where there are millions of people are tourists. That being said, I only had a Lego store in close reach of where I live for about 1.5 years right now. Before then, I would have to drive about 500 miles to get to the nearest store, which was not an option. TLG chooses where they think Lego stores will be able to make a lot of money.

• 2 weeks later...