Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

Ravens Mondays.... Yeah I know bout them I live in Baltimore.

Update to my issue if watching local sports teams without cable.... Proxy servers or vpn.... Now only if I knew anything about this stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

Edited by hxckid88
  • Like 1

Got a set in the mail off Ebay a couple weeks ago. Fair price on an $100 set for my personal collection, so I was happy. I had noticed the seller had about a dozen listings for mid-to-high priced sets at 30-40% off, and just couldn't figure out how she was turning a profit on the sales. As Lego sets were only a fraction of her total Ebay listings. I didn't give it too much more thought.

Over the weekend, I was re-arranging my stock room when I noticed something odd on the UPC barcode for this particular set. Someone had "placed" a label for a $6.75 novel right over top of the Lego pre-printed UPC on the box......no wonder she can sell these sets at 40% off retail.

Got a set in the mail off Ebay a couple weeks ago. Fair price on an $100 set for my personal collection, so I was happy. I had noticed the seller had about a dozen listings for mid-to-high priced sets at 30-40% off, and just couldn't figure out how she was turning a profit on the sales. As Lego sets were only a fraction of her total Ebay listings. I didn't give it too much more thought.

Over the weekend, I was re-arranging my stock room when I noticed something odd on the UPC barcode for this particular set. Someone had "placed" a label for a $6.75 novel right over top of the Lego pre-printed UPC on the box......no wonder she can sell these sets at 40% off retail.

report that to ebay.

Or better and do the right thing and report to police.
  • Like 2

Ravens Mondays.... Yeah I know bout them I live in Baltimore.

Update to my issue if watching local sports teams without cable.... Proxy servers or vpn.... Now only if I knew anything about this stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

I'm complaining that your post doesn't have a complaint In it. It needs to be removed from this thread. :-)

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Brickpicker mobile app

Wasn't there a Lego store employee who did this and got caught?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Brickpicker mobile app

I wonder how the couple in AZ got away with it for so long.  Just removing the spider things alone would be a difficult task.  Then just wheeling your cart out the door blows my mind on how no one stopped them until they got caught.  At my toysrus I have someone come and check on me every five minutes.  I wish more stores could afford to do what Costco does and that is employ plain clothes fake shoppers to keep an eye on people.  They also try to hire attractive looking people since they feel a criminal can be thrown off his or her game when they see something else they like.

Ugh. FINALLY got my refund resolved with TRU after 2.5 months and was finally going to use the refund (to a discounted gift card) to buy a big set. And of course, EV, R5, Sand Crawler now sold out and they jacked the price of the Simpsons House up $50. Maybe I should just buy a stack of Ecto 1 and be done with it

Ugh. FINALLY got my refund resolved with TRU after 2.5 months and was finally going to use the refund (to a discounted gift card) to buy a big set. And of course, EV, R5, Sand Crawler now sold out and they jacked the price of the Simpsons House up $50. Maybe I should just buy a stack of Ecto 1 and be done with it

I was checking TRU online this morning and was thinking the same. I've got about $200 in TRU gc's but there's no good big sets to buy.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest betsy805

Anyone experience this? I won an auction, I paid and after 48hrs it still says "unclaimed"...

Ideas??? Scammer or what?

I have to manually 'accept' a payment if it is made in anything other than US dollars.  Only other reason I can come up with is the email address he gave you is wrong (I've made a typo in my email on bricklink before and had to find out what was happening).  If that's the case, you can retract the payment on paypal and send to correct address.