Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

Irregardless. Just because it is the word used most by executive types who want to sound much smarter than they really are OR like to kiss their bosses' asses (the other users of the word) :P

Hearing someone use "irregardless" is a little grating on the nerves considering it isn't a real word. I know the dictionaries may have it listed but so is the term "ain't" which is just a clumsy contraction.

I have a new complaint:

BOURBON.

I just had my first two glasses- involuntarily I might add- and not only do the they taste (I presume) like diesel gasoline would, but one is instantly sick-feeling and very tipsy.

Sticking with words that over-utilized... the word "literally". .Which seems so often to start a sentence that ends up being a metaphor.

Wait until Paypal sort out the problem before mailing the item(s)

so this morning I receive this email from eBay:

We had to cancel bids for the buyer, (), because they aren't registered on eBay:

In these types of situations, we'll credit the final value fee for removed listings won by this buyer, and also the insertion fee if it was a single-quantity listing.

- We have credited any associated fees to your account.

We've also made it easy to relist your item if it was removed. Although the item is no longer available in search listings, you will find it in the Sold section of My eBay. For more information, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/relist.html

AND NOW

I receive an email from paypal saying:

We have completed our payment review and have cleared the transaction below. You may proceed to process the order. To know if your item is covered, check the 'Seller Protection' section of the 'Transactions Details' page and ensure that it states 'Eligible'.

You can now ship the item.

What do I trust?

We had to cancel bids for the buyer, (), because they aren't registered on eBay:

In these types of situations, we'll credit the final value fee for removed listings won by this buyer, and also the insertion fee if it was a single-quantity listing.

We've also made it easy to relist your item if it was removed. Although the item is no longer available in search listings, you will find it in the Sold section of My eBay. For more information, please visit:

AND NOW

We have completed our payment review and have cleared the transaction below. You may proceed to process the order. To know if your item is covered, check the 'Seller Protection' section of the 'Transactions Details' page and ensure that it states 'Eligible'.

What do I trust?

eBay

AND NOW

What do I trust?

I bet you do not have that $630 payment in your Paypal account :)

Paypal can still clear the payment so the money should be in there.  Just refund the buyer and don't deal with it if ebay has kicked them off.  

They can't hurt your account at this point as you can't leave any feedback if you are not registered anymore.

You can still ship and paypal technically would cover you but its risky seeing the customer isn't registered anymore so no point to chance it as its a higher amount of money.

• Like 2

Paypal can still clear the payment so the money should be in there. Just refund the buyer and don't deal with it if ebay has kicked them off.

They can't hurt your account at this point as you can't leave any feedback if you are not registered anymore.

You can still ship and paypal technically would cover you but its risky seeing the customer isn't registered anymore so no point to chance it as its a higher amount of money.

ah I didn't catch that, you're right the user got kicked off... Sweet!!! Canceling this crazy order... You guys are the best!

Paypal can still clear the payment so the money should be in there. Just refund the buyer and don't deal with it if ebay has kicked them off.

i cancelled the order in eBay but it says waiting for buyer to approve... I noticed the email addy they used for eBay is different than the email addy they have for the Paypal acct. they provided payment with, guess I'll just wait now... Or do I also then need to go into Paypal and "issue refund"? Think I'm gonna wait to see what happens...

i cancelled the order in eBay but it says waiting for buyer to approve... I noticed the email addy they used for eBay is different than the email addy they have for the Paypal acct. they provided payment with, guess I'll just wait now... Or do I also then need to go into Paypal and "issue refund"? Think I'm gonna wait to see what happens...

Hmm, I thought eBay already cancelled the order for you (per their email) ?

yeah you need to refund the paypal payment.  Ebays new cancel order system has some serious flaws and issues.

As long as the buyer is NARU then you can do whatever you want for that transaction.

If you're not completing it just refund the paypal payment. 

• Like 1

thats what the email said this morning... But when I logged I still had the option to "cancel order" weird...

ebays cancel order system does not work properly on a few certain situations.  It gets confused.  

Another one to look out for is when the buyer uses the new cancel order but pays with an echeck.  You can agree to cancel it and it will on your end but it doesn't cancel the paypal payment as that is separate from ebay.

So even if you accept to cancel in that situation , 4 days later when the echeck clears it shows up in your awaiting payment folder.

It also doesn't process the refund for the buyer in that situation.  

In theory it was a decent system that was supposed to be easier for cancels but it has a few kinks still to be worked out.

Sounds like that is what is happening here as ebay kicked them off but the system doesn't recognize that so its giving you the option to cancel.  I would just refund the paypal payment directly and be done with it.  

ebays cancel order system does not work properly on a few certain situations. It gets confused.

Another one to look out for is when the buyer uses the new cancel order but pays with an echeck. You can agree to cancel it and it will on your end but it doesn't cancel the paypal payment as that is separate from ebay.

So even if you accept to cancel in that situation , 4 days later when the echeck clears it shows up in your awaiting payment folder.

It also doesn't process the refund for the buyer in that situation.

In theory it was a decent system that was supposed to be easier for cancels but it has a few kinks still to be worked out.

Sounds like that is what is happening here as ebay kicked them off but the system doesn't recognize that so its giving you the option to cancel. I would just refund the paypal payment directly and be done with it.

wow, you're good! Talk about an experience... After trying to "cancel" through the eBay system, I received an email stating that they couldn't complete the cancellation and to perform the refund as you've mentioned through paypal... I issued the refund through paypal and then received an email from eBay saying the item was successfully cancelled. Sweet!!! Glad to see eBay still had the purchase item ID associated with the payment even though the email address on their account was different, I'm guessing that's how they still tracked it.

Whew...

• Like 1

Sticking with words that over-utilized... the word "literally". .Which seems so often to start a sentence that ends up being a metaphor.

I'm going to nag a little, but "utilized" is also a word people use too often and incorrectly. Utilized just sounds whacky to me. What happened to the time honored and simpler word "used?"

Don't even get me started on people using the word "impact" like it was a verb. You can NOT impacted something but you can have an impact ON something.

Ack... LEGO, I NEED LEGO. :)

Guest brickcrazyhouse

I have a new complaint:

BOURBON.

I just had my first two glasses- involuntarily I might add- and not only do the they taste (I presume) like diesel gasoline would, but one is instantly sick-feeling and very tipsy.

You're drinking already at 4pm and complaining about it. that's like literally blowing my mind. hehe

Seriously? Just got another potential fraudster bid on my stuff within 24 hrs. Wth! New user created today, paypal payment has been sent to me but not user verified... Address is listed on ripoffreport.com... I'm gonna wait a few days... This is unreal.

Probably the same scammer messing with you.

• Like 2

Don't even get me started on people using the word "impact" like it was a verb. You can NOT impacted something but you can have an impact ON something.

That makes me think of the at times confusing terms "affect" and "effect". A person can affect something causing an effect. I wonder if it's the one letter difference that's the culprit.
  • Like 1

It's so annoying how people delete and repost their ads on Kijiji (our local craigslist) every day. Don't they realize people don't want their overpriced crap?

Same thing happens on my local CL. Sometimes those items sell after a while, but most of the time they just sit there.