Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

There still are a handful of abbreviations and initialisms that I always end up looking up because I have no idea what they mean in the intended context. I try not to use them out of confusing myself or somebody else aside from the normal conventions such as PC (personal computer) or TV (television). I do realize a number of people are using their smartphone to check the site and reply in the forum which is difficult to write up what would be a 'simple' text if on a computer with keyboard.

The set number is something I understand but there is no way I can possibly remember them all. Heck, any of them honestly so there is another item I always end up looking for to know better. Problem sometimes with using only the set name is when conversing about City sets for example. I can find a handful of Police ATV's or worse Police Helicopters. In those cases having the number definitely helps more so than the name alone but both typed would be even better of course.

Can you please condense or abbreviate this post into 40 characters or less so that we may better understand it. Thanks!

**P.S. How dare you use proper sentence structure, what would HXC think?**

• Like 2

Can you please condense or abbreviate this post into 40 characters or less so that we may better understand it. Thanks!

:scratchhead: I don't use abbreviations and typing only set numbers confuse me.

That was 65 characters including spaces. Best I could do.

**P.S. How dare you use proper sentence structure, what would HXC think?**

bp_1421190894__quick_meme.jpg
  • Like 3

:scratchhead: I don't use abbreviations and typing only set numbers confuse me.

That was 65 characters including spaces. Best I could do.

bp_1421190894__quick_meme.jpg

Please use a more muscular image in referring to me in the future. Thanks.

The irony Is I was in honors English and advanced writing classes throughout school life. I can write very well. But, I'm way too lazy to do so on here, or in text. Seems like a lot of work.

• Like 4

Should of stayed with ole propeller head!!!  Finally put an avatar up, joke with my wife that with my luck Gattis will get traded and wtf happens today.

Traded to the Astros.  24 hours later.  

Good for him though, AL park so he can DH and blast homers out of that short left field.  Lost our 3 most excicting players other than Kimbrel so rebuild is upon us.

• Like 1

Should of stayed with ole propeller head!!! Finally put an avatar up, joke with my wife that with my luck Gattis will get traded and wtf happens today.

Traded to the Astros. 24 hours later.

Good for him though, AL park so he can DH and blast homers out of that short left field. Lost our 3 most excicting players other than Kimbrel so rebuild is upon us.

I expect to see you in the brickpicker fantasy baseball league this year. And rest assured my fantasy skips are superior to my, lego trivia skills. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

• Like 1

I expect to see you in the brickpicker fantasy baseball league this year. And rest assured my fantasy skips are superior to my, lego trivia skills. :)

that sounds fun will try to join when the time comes.

This season is gonna be rough.  Not to happy with the "rebuilding" process.  Lost Heyward, Gattis, and Upton which were for the most part the most exciting players to watch.  Still have Freeman, Simmons, and Kimbrel but other than that it's not looking to promising this year.

that sounds fun will try to join when the time comes.

This season is gonna be rough. Not to happy with the "rebuilding" process. Lost Heyward, Gattis, and Upton which were for the most part the most exciting players to watch. Still have Freeman, Simmons, and Kimbrel but other than that it's not looking to promising this year.

I'm a phillies fan..... I don't wanna hear it. :)

• Like 1

I prob shouldn't be complaining as I just won a free Horizon Express, but I purchased a bulk 4 lb lot that had some pieces i needed on eBay a week ago. The pictures showed everything in a pile, and looked to be okay.

The lady sends me a message stating she had to pack it really tight otherwise the post office wouldn't take it. She sent it via media mail.

I receive the package last night and decide to go through it after I put my sons to sleep. I slice the brown box open, and it reeks of dog. I groaned a little and decided to start unpacking it a bit. Found the pieces I needed outside of the bag, still put together. I looked at them in amazement and tried to take off a piece. Its Kragled. I go through the whole box and here's what I found (and weighed):

* 1.1 lb of actual usable Lego

* 1.8 lb of Kragled Lego

* 1.2 lb of Mega Blocks

* .3 lb of miscellaneous

The miscellaneous included a jumbo sized crayon, a regular crayon, a Wolverine head, some plastic pieces that look like they goes to some type of action figure, a fake gold cross, a small clown head, several used stickers, and some trash.

The Lego that was useable smells bad, has thick coats of dust in it, and its going to have to take a soap vinegar bath. I'm returning the purchase. So I started that process and she goes off on me in the chat saying that I was a liar and she sent great Lego. She was trying to make a case in the messages that she sent everything AND more. I still asked for a refund.

She finally consented an hour later. I'm halfway tempted to ship her back my Mega Blocks, the Kragled Lego, and keep the rest for myself because of how big of a ***** she was. Completely ruined my mood this morning.

I prob shouldn't be complaining as I just won a free Horizon Express, but I purchased a bulk 4 lb lot that had some pieces i needed on eBay a week ago. The pictures showed everything in a pile, and looked to be okay.

The lady sends me a message stating she had to pack it really tight otherwise the post office wouldn't take it. She sent it via media mail.

I receive the package last night and decide to go through it after I put my sons to sleep. I slice the brown box open, and it reeks of dog. I groaned a little and decided to start unpacking it a bit. Found the pieces I needed outside of the bag, still put together. I looked at them in amazement and tried to take off a piece. Its Kragled. I go through the whole box and here's what I found (and weighed):

* 1.1 lb of actual usable Lego

* 1.8 lb of Kragled Lego

* 1.2 lb of Mega Blocks

* .3 lb of miscellaneous

The miscellaneous included a jumbo sized crayon, a regular crayon, a Wolverine head, some plastic pieces that look like they goes to some type of action figure, a fake gold cross, a small clown head, several used stickers, and some trash.

The Lego that was useable smells bad, has thick coats of dust in it, and its going to have to take a soap vinegar bath. I'm returning the purchase. So I started that process and she goes off on me in the chat saying that I was a liar and she sent great Lego. She was trying to make a case in the messages that she sent everything AND more. I still asked for a refund.

She finally consented an hour later. I'm halfway tempted to ship her back my Mega Blocks, the Kragled Lego, and keep the rest for myself because of how big of a ***** she was. Completely ruined my mood this morning.

all is it from that was that she sent lego via media mail...... Seems familiar. :)

Seriously though who is dumber her, or usps for not realizing trough sound and common sense that it's not media mail.

LEGO is the most common tag in the Brick Classifieds... More people put LEGO as the first word in the title of their listing than not.

I hope most of the sellers read this thread... you don't need to be doing that. It's a LEGO marketplace.

Jeff encouraged it. Once BC is open to public that would be a keyword when potential buyers Google sets

Moving. Ugh.

So I'm migrating about 3 miles from where I live now (wifes idea I finaly caved) the real fun is that we're building and our new house will be done mid May, barring any SNAFUs. Problem is our current home closes early February, so we get to move twice. Everything is awesome! On the upside I'll have an eBay/LEGO room of my very own, no more building in the garage for me!

• Like 1

Moving. Ugh.

So I'm migrating about 3 miles from where I live now (wifes idea I finaly caved) the real fun is that we're building and our new house will be done mid May, barring any SNAFUs. Problem is our current home closes early February, so we get to move twice. Everything is awesome! On the upside I'll have an eBay/LEGO room of my very own, no more building in the garage for me!

well aren't you lucky. good luck with that. I hope you have a good contractor.

Moving. Ugh.

I've been in a similar situation (one house closing before the other house does).  I put my stuff in storage for two weeks, and had to move twice.

You might want to look into those storage pods.  They will take them and store them, and deliver them when you're new house is ready.  At least you'd only have to pack the stuff once.

well aren't you lucky. good luck with that. I hope you have a good contractor.

So do I.

I've been in a similar situation (one house closing before the other house does). I put my stuff in storage for two weeks, and had to move twice.

You might want to look into those storage pods. They will take them and store them, and deliver them when you're new house is ready. At least you'd only have to pack the stuff once.

We're using a friends garage (they stayed at our house rent free for 4 months while we hung out on Mission Beach). It's the middle part I'm dreading, at least 3 months in a 1400sq/ft townhouse.

People in the "customer disservice" industry who only read from scripts. 

You mean like the moron at Canada Post who, when I explained that the click-to-ship website of theirs didn't ask if I wanted more than $100 insurance, recently told me:

- You can buy more insurance online. The option is there.

> When it states that if you want > $100 insurance you must visit a post office (I had missed it originally, but scoured the options the next time)

or

- You must be having a server problem because the website is there.

> When the website displayed "We are currently experiencing difficulties and the site is unavailable." after I clicked the "Ship Now" button.

I was nice, but I wanted to yell through the phone "are you listening to me?"

When