Star Wars display

Ed Mack

• 2 months later...

Any ideas how to acquire these from stores?

Stores are supposed to destroy these displays and are not allowed to sell them. You must look on EBAY under "LEGO DISPLAYS" and you can find them there. I guess some store managers take them home and sell them on EBAY.

• 1 month later...

I've touched base with a few stores now regarding the shop-front LEGO displays. Thankfully, most people (at least where I live) are truly unaware that LEGO displays can be such a great investment and collection piece. I may have to grease a few palms with silver during my endeavours, possibly use the force, but I will persevere.....if anything resembling success happens to come my way then it would be all worth it! Considering the recent photos from Jeff showing some of Ed's displays, it just has to be an area of investing that I have to delve into.

I've touched base with a few stores now regarding the shop-front LEGO displays. Thankfully, most people (at least where I live) are truly unaware that LEGO displays can be such a great investment and collection piece. I may have to grease a few palms with silver during my endeavours, possibly use the force, but I will persevere.....if anything resembling success happens to come my way then it would be all worth it!

Considering the recent photos from Jeff showing some of Ed's displays, it just has to be an area of investing that I have to delve into.

Yes, it's an ancient Chinese secret. LOL. The bottom line is that these beautiful LEGO store displays are supposed to be destroyed. What a shame. If you can work a deal with a store manager, you might get lucky.

• 2 months later...

I have that display and it is quite rare. It is also awesome in person. Very heavy. I think that seller has been trying to sell that on EBAY for years, with no luck. I think they were asking $400. If you have the space and a way to pick it up, I would recommend it. I believe I paid $300 with $100 shipping, but I would offer less. You can always go up. On a side note, you can easily add your own LED lights to it and make it a stunning display.

Question 2.......can I add the sets in this display to my brickfolio? I'm assuming the sets are glued so are they even worth used prices? I started out loving these display sets but now I'm not so sure about them.

I would wait with adding anything to the Brickfolio. On the next Brickfolio upgrade, a custom feature will be added so you can input displays and custom MOC values.

As an investment, these displays are a crap shoot. Some do very well, some lose value. It is a long term type of thing. The main issue is space. The nice one about this particular display is that you can buy some heavy duty picture mounts and hang this on the wall.

once you buy a display you get addicted to them :) from personal experience the only problem is the space as Ed mentioned the display looks cool, has big letters inscribed Star Wars which adds more value to it. i like the displays for the reason that i could display lego sets without having to worry about dust.