Can a buyer revise a positive to a negative on EBay?

Have a buyer who left positive feedback then had a problem. I am resolving it, but they are being somewhat unreasonable and I am considering blocking them after this. They have purchased from my store for a while, but not giving me any benefit of the doubt in terms of the problem and think they are entitled to big discounts because they keep buying from me.

However, don't want them to be able to go back and revise like 6 feedbacks and ruin my score. Lol.

Any ideas?

Have a buyer who left positive feedback then had a problem. I am resolving it, but they are being somewhat unreasonable and I am considering blocking them after this. They have purchased from my store for a while, but not giving me any benefit of the doubt in terms of the problem and think they are entitled to big discounts because they keep buying from me.

However, don't want them to be able to go back and revise like 6 feedbacks and ruin my score. Lol.

Any ideas?

I don't believe so. Of course won't stop them buying something else and slapping them on you.

Any ideas?

Could this be regarding a creature that is often seen in Hoth?

They can't revise your positives. If you block and they bid again on another i.d. and you can reasonably show it's them (same address, etc.) you can report them to Trust and Safety and they'll have the benoodles slapped out of them. If they buy under a friend's id or something you can't reasonably prove, it'll be tougher.

Could this be regarding a creature that is often seen in Hoth?

You stalking my feedback? Lol

It is. I don't know - I sent the person a message indicating that I was happy to refund them but I was disappointing they didn't even contact me before docking me on the item not as described - bringing my rating down from a 5 in that category. Especially considering they had purchased 10 items from me in the past without an issue.

In all seriousness, the figure had a loose piece. My wife and I went through them all and we just didn't notice. Some of them are hard to notice. His  response was basically - mistakes are not acceptable but i will revise it if you refund my money.

You're both in violation of the rules.

You cannot let a buyer know that you know what DSR scores they left you. Yes, there are plenty of ways for us to figure it out as sellers, but DSRs are supposed to be safe and anonymous for the buyers and eBay will smack you for telling a buyer you know what they left. Unless he wrote in his feedback or told you before you figured it out, "Hey, I left you low stars for this", you can be in trouble as a seller.

The buyer, on the other hand, is not permitted to tie a feedback revision into a refund, period. It's called feedback extortion. You can also not offer to pay a buyer off for a feedback revision.

If the feedback he left is a positive, he also cannot revise the DSRs even if he wants to - eBay won't let him revise a positive. If it's a neutral or negative, he can revise to a positive and change the DSRs at the same time.

Basically, I'd tell him to pound sand, but it's up to you. 

Guest brickcrazyhouse

This is a good example of why I don't work customer service.  Accidents happen and the customer is not always right.  block them and forget about it.  

You stalking my feedback? Lol

It is. I don't know - I sent the person a message indicating that I was happy to refund them but I was disappointing they didn't even contact me before docking me on the item not as described - bringing my rating down from a 5 in that category. Especially considering they had purchased 10 items from me in the past without an issue.

In all seriousness, the figure had a loose piece. My wife and I went through them all and we just didn't notice. Some of them are hard to notice. His  response was basically - mistakes are not acceptable but i will revise it if you refund my money.

Mistakes are not acceptable??? This is why it is so frustrating that sellers cannot leave negative feedback for buyers anymore. I don't think they can revise your positive feedback. I would resolve this current situation as best and fairly as I could, then I would BLOCK them.

You're both in violation of the rules.

You cannot let a buyer know that you know what DSR scores they left you. Yes, there are plenty of ways for us to figure it out as sellers, but DSRs are supposed to be safe and anonymous for the buyers and eBay will smack you for telling a buyer you know what they left. Unless he wrote in his feedback or told you before you figured it out, "Hey, I left you low stars for this", you can be in trouble as a seller.

The buyer, on the other hand, is not permitted to tie a feedback revision into a refund, period. It's called feedback extortion. You can also not offer to pay a buyer off for a feedback revision.

If the feedback he left is a positive, he also cannot revise the DSRs even if he wants to - eBay won't let him revise a positive. If it's a neutral or negative, he can revise to a positive and change the DSRs at the same time.

Basically, I'd tell him to pound sand, but it's up to you.

Always learn something from you lol.

In all reality I dont even care about a revision. I was trying to refund their money because I want to make it right whether they give a damn or not. I was frustrated not by what they did but by the fact that they had bought from me before and never had problems. Their feedback was also very sarcastic.

But hey what can you do. At least it wasn't a negative. Probably just refund their money for my conscience and them block them to feel better about it. Hey made a comment "I wish people were more honest in their feedback like I am".

I wish buyers would at least give someone a chance to make it right. Geeze.

Yes, the buyer is a complete tool. Basic courtesy is to assume the seller made a mistake, contact them, and give them some chance to make it right before leaving feedback.

Your buyer sounds like he's been around long enough that this is not a newbie who doesn't know how to behave himself, he's just a tool.

If you'd like to PM me his eBay i.d., I wouldn't mind blocking him myself. :-)

I'm not sure if a buyer can do that.  I suppose if they can you are helpless to it.

Buyers can't revise a positive to a negative, and sellers are not completely helpless even in the case of a buyer leaving a negative - depending on what the negative says and certain seller protections, they can be removed in some cases.

Just take the negative like a man and lose your top rated seller discount.  I am an EBAY customer service rep. :ireful:

You must be, since you're getting the facts wrong. :-D Negatives (unless so excessive they dump you below I believe 98% - might be 96%, haven't looked it up in awhile) do not cause the loss of the TRS discount.

Positive feedback is a positive feedback is a positive feedback no matter what the actual comment is.  Nobody read comments on positive feedbacks anyway.  DSR = 5 is very hard to maintain. As long as it does not drop below the threshold for TRS status, there is nothing to worry about. Just block them and move on.

• Like 1