Ciao from the north of Italy!

Ciao to everybody! :D

My name is Alessandro and I live close to the city of Turin - Piedmont; sorry if I'll made some mistake writing in english....

I'm a Lego fan since I was a child, I have some Lego still stored in boxes (but not the original Lego boxes!  :no: ) and I would like to know their value, just to have an idea, I don't wanna sell them because those bricks will be mine forever! :wub:

I would like to post some pictures (I still have to do them) , can I do that here or in another section?

Thank you, ciao ciao!

Thank you Seifer!

The only one with the original box is ******. 8048, the others are unknown: all of them are from the end of the 80's / beginning of the 90's, I have a police station, a rescue station, a hospital, a harbour station, a police space ship and one coming from the series of "Paradisia", even if I think that this was more suitable for girls...but this set had a pool and I liked to fill up the pool with real water! :jig:  

Guest brickcrazyhouse

hello.  I too can't think of selling my childhood lego.  and like others said upload pics to a gallery the more the better (for us)

Ok, I will create a gallery with pics; could you be so kind to give your opinions about the following discussion?

Investment on Star wars / toy story / prince of Persia sets

thanks!

Benvenuto!

Toy story and Prince of Persia sets haven't really risen in value above the price you could get them for in stores (or in some cases even dropped), so are generally seen as bad investments. Upside is you can probably get them cheap if you do think they will become more valuable in the future. That's a big IF though.

Star Wars: varies very strongly per set. As Ed has written in his blog article, the theme as a whole used to performe above avarage but that changed about two years ago. Some sets do well, others don't. One issue Star Wars in particular suffers from is that a lot of models get remakes.

http://community.brickpicker.com/blog/4/entry-26-will-mickey-mouse-save-lego-star-wars-investing/