Damaged stock

Wardy079

Hi

I'm just hoping for some advice. I bought 9 Advent calendars from O/S from a supplier who has previously packaged really well. For some reason this time, the 9 boxes were sent seperately in packaging that was insufficient.

I've made a claim through PayPal who have said a full refund will be forthcoming but of course I need to send them all back. I don't have an issue with this except it is going to cost me $100 which isn't part of the refund.

So now I am wondering whether I send them back and write off my $100, or whether there is much market for pulling the advent calendars apart and selling off the items inside. I just don't know if there is a market for this or not. 6 were damaged out if the nine. They are city, Star Wars and friends calendars.

Any one got advice if what I should do? I usually just sell on eBay, gum tree. I'd be happy just to make my money back. My other option would be to sell the damaged ones on eBay for auction starting low and hoping they will get some bids.

Grrrrr.... So grumpy!!

Well, I guess whether or not you return the sets depends on how much the value of the sets are to you. If they cost $150 or less at RRP, then it isn't worth it to send it back, IMO.

Advent calendars are among the most easily and frequently parted out sets that LEGO has produced, because they are basically already parted out, before you get the sets. After cracking open a set, it's just a matter of matching together minibuilds and minifigures together to make a desireable bundle.

I think lots of people had an experience like this. But for me, i always expect that it could happen for my order. I would say to myself that the it's the risk that you'll have to face for cheaper price. But i normally buy it for my self though, if i were to invest in the set i would be annoyed as well  :sweat:

Why did you decide to return it? Wouldn't it be better if you keep it? It's like wasting a $100 for nothing.

I bought a bunch of stuff from Lego online and my Sydney Harbour Bridge box was slightly damaged.  I told them I was unhappy and that my preference was not to send the box back as the set is so heavy.  Lego came through and offered VIP points as compensation.  Very happy with the service.

Now that is customer service!

I would have accepted VIP points as well. It doesn't take much to package items correctly and in this day and age with such a massive market place suppliers and retailers need to up their game. 

Sometimes you need to play hardball. I have also found email ping pong is pointless and just angers me more, use the online chat programs most online retailers have both here and overseas and you get instant satisfaction and if the person doesn't help you ask to speak to a manager right then and there.