Bricklinking a set - help with the purchasing part

So I know how to get a set into Bricklink, in the wanted list, see the wanted list by store count.

Is there anyway to do a automatic mass buy? Do I need to go to each store individually and pick all the parts they have?

I am trying to see the cost estimate to fully bricklink a set. I mostly only buy single parts from BL.

When you get to a store you can see all of the parts on your list and put the amount that you need into your cart at which time you can see the total cost. I do not know of a way to do it across different stores, so if there is not one with all of the parts it will get pretty tedious. I generally choose the store that has the highest percentage of the parts that I need, check the total for them and note which ones they do not have. Then I make a new wanted list for just those parts and repeat the process. I have never started from scratch on a set, and still Imhave rarely found one store to fill all of my needs to complete a set that I am working on.

• Like 1

When you get to a store you can see all of the parts on your list and put the amount that you need into your cart at which time you can see the total cost. I do not know of a way to do it across different stores, so if there is not one with all of the parts it will get pretty tedious. I generally choose the store that has the highest percentage of the parts that I need, check the total for them and note which ones they do not have. Then I make a new wanted list for just those parts and repeat the process. I have never started from scratch on a set, and still Imhave rarely found one store to fill all of my needs to complete a set that I am working on.

So within one store is there an easy way to just add all the parts they have from your wanted list to your cart? Or do you have to still select them individually?

Just be careful when using "auto fill MIN". Some stores will list the same part in new and used condition in their inventory, and if your wanted list doesn't specify part condition for each lot then you will end up with both in your cart. I frequently have to go through my cart and remove duplicates.

• Like 1

Just be careful when using "auto fill MIN". Some stores will list the same part in new and used condition in their inventory, and if your wanted list doesn't specify part condition for each lot then you will end up with both in your cart. I frequently have to go through my cart and remove duplicates.

Great advice, gwilkx.  That happened to me once, fortunately there were only two doubles, so they went into my parts bins. You hate to pay for more than one piece if you don't need it, especially a with tight margin used set.