Serious Ebay Score- Make sure I didn't miss something

Ok - Usually things that look too good to be true are - But I just bought this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Star-Wars-DARTH-MAUL-BUST-10018-NEW-SEALED-BOX-/141094957683?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item20d9ea3273

Seller has a zero feedback rating. But its not a stock photo - I ran it through a picture search engine and it got no hits.

What do you guys think? Hopefully gonna get it as a major score.

Guest eightbrick

Hopefully it comes through but it sort of seems too good to be true. Nothing else for sale, no feedback, etc. I hope it works out, update us on how it goes!

I think you need to look harder next time. Took me 30 seconds to find the picture.

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/2880836

I used a search engine I normally use thats good. I don't check everyone on the web.

Its funny - these are usually not the ones on Ebay that are used to get people. Its weird too because of his price - I feel like he could have gotten $500 just as easily. But we will see.

Ebay buyer protection makes it not that big a deal.

Guest eightbrick

What do you mean by hard build? I do not have this set, but I imagine that it would be hard to build it since you are building a bust.

Um... difficult, drawn-out, piece intensive, and I believe the instructions are bird's eye most of the time. I mean, yeah anyone could put it together if they worked at it but it's no Jack Stone....

4608-1.jpg

Lol those cars...

could the seller use a "zip code scam" in this situation?  The seller would not use paypal or ebay to purchase their postage.  The seller would purchase postage through usps and ship "something" to the buyers zipcode.  the delivery confirmation would show that an item was delivered to the buyers zipcode, but since DC was purchased from the post office, it does not get as detailed as listing the specific address.  If you opened a case the seller would have DC showing an item was delivered to your zipcode, and apparently in many cases the seller would win this case. 

I would pay with a CC through paypal so you can do a chargeback if needed.

edit: actually just realized this item is over $250 so they would need to ship signature confirmation in this situation to be protected I believe.  The above scam is still worth noting however for other future buys.

could the seller use a "zip code scam" in this situation?  The seller would not use paypal or ebay to purchase their postage.  The seller would purchase postage through usps and ship "something" to the buyers zipcode.  the delivery confirmation would show that an item was delivered to the buyers zipcode, but since DC was purchased from the post office, it does not get as detailed as listing the specific address.  If you opened a case the seller would have DC showing an item was delivered to your zipcode, and apparently in many cases the seller would win this case. 

I would pay with a CC through paypal so you can do a chargeback if needed.

edit: actually just realized this item is over $250 so they would need to ship signature confirmation in this situation to be protected I believe.  The above scam is still worth noting however for other future buys.

The seller would need to require signature confirmation since the item is over $250. If DNIIM opens the door and sees the mailman delivering a letter or something that feels like an empty box, he can deny delivery and therefore avoid signing for the package.

• Like 1

I bought the same set with the same pic! Tracking showed it arrived in my town, but nothing showed up to my door. This was about a month ago.

I knew it was a scam so I sent back an empty box and the box was forwarded back to me because no one lived in the house the seller had listed as his address!

I got my money back luckily. 

All the items out there why did he choose to sell this one? he coulda sold a Taj or a 41999 crawler or even a deathstar at deep discount lol

That was why I didn't think it was a scam. I mean I find deals near this on ebay - maybe not quite this good.

I haven't heard anything yet - no tracking or anything

Like people said, I will be ok at the post office. If I am worried about something, I open it in front of the post people.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

It could go either way - lots of people, not just newbies, swipe photos off the web to use in listings, he has a reasonable sounding description, and you're covered by eBay Buyer Protection if it goes horribly wrong.

Let us know how it turns out! 

ditto keeps us updated please