Best cost effective postal service?

Just wondering what the majority of you guys use in terms of Postal services. I've been previously using Royal Mail but the prices seem to have rocketed of late (been out of the game for a bit and they've jumped since i was last selling). Ideally a service which doesn't gobble up all of the profit but at the same time doesn't have a history of losing/damaging the precious lego sets!

Edit -  UK services not US

I studied in Boston for a few months back in 06 and just loved the city and the history of the Red Sox. Have been following them since. Nothing serious really, I probably watch only 40 or so regular season games and then the postseason, if they get there.

Lol, well I am a Patriots fan. I like football a lot better - only have to watch 16 games and playoffs.

Just wondering what the majority of you guys use in terms of Postal services. I've been previously using Royal Mail but the prices seem to have rocketed of late (been out of the game for a bit and they've jumped since i was last selling). Ideally a service which doesn't gobble up all of the profit but at the same time doesn't have a history of losing/damaging the precious lego sets!

Edit -  UK services not US

Have you tried Parcel2Go?

http://www.parcel2go.com/

In the UK, I have been happy with them in sending packages both within the UK and internationally. They let you compare and choose between the various shipping companies.