Seriously....who is buying at these prices??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130694784950&item=130694784950&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466 I understand the outlandish prices of LEGO sets that people in other countries are faced with, but taking that into account this still makes ZERO sense. Am i missing something? This is a 20.00 set and doubt it will ever reach that price, even after 100 years in the aftermarket.

Mate if you think that is bad check out this douchebag on ebay under the name of mikeysworld. He has the UCS R2D2 for $2499, thats not a typo either as it has been there for a month or so. Oh and you can grab the current MF for $700 and a couple of batman sets for 3-4 hundred aswell. I wish you could be kicked of ebay for this garbage hey!!

Mate if you think that is bad check out this douchebag on ebay under the name of mikeysworld. He has the UCS R2D2 for $2499, thats not a typo either as it has been there for a month or so. Oh and you can grab the current MF for $700 and a couple of batman sets for 3-4 hundred aswell. I wish you could be kicked of ebay for this garbage hey!!

While I don't think it's criminal to sell stuff at scalper's prices, I do think it's criminally stupid to buy stuff at scalper's prices.

I just noticed that too...people were actually paying $38.90. How does that work??? It is listed at $200, but people are buying for $38.90??? Who would even pay that for a set that is $19.99 and is available at every single Target, Walmart, and everything in between. This definitely smells fishy. I know there are advantages to having good sales numbers on eBay, like health insurance, fee discounts, etc. Not sure what this guy is up to...

I just noticed that too...people were actually paying $38.90. How does that work??? It is listed at $200, but people are buying for $38.90??? Who would even pay that for a set that is $19.99 and is available at every single Target, Walmart, and everything in between. This definitely smells fishy. I know there are advantages to having good sales numbers on eBay, like health insurance, fee discounts, etc. Not sure what this guy is up to...

Remember that this junk costs twice as much everywhere else other than in the Federation, so 38.90 might seem like a fair price. And I suppose it is possible to alter the price after selling a few?